Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Megan Maroney Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2008, 02:24 AM
    Black & White movie set in America black & white girls become friends on a beach
    As far as I can remember, the girls become friends on a beach and the black girls mother goes to work for the white girls family. The black girl struggles with her relationship with her mother and wants to be treated like a white girl. Does anyone know what the name of this film is? And if I can get my hands on a copy?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2008, 06:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Megan Maroney View Post
    As far as I can remember, the girls become friends on a beach and the black girls mother goes to work for the white girls family. The black girl struggles with her relationship with her mother and wants to be treated like a white girl. Does anyone know what the name of this film is? and if I can get my hands on a copy?

Are you asking about Imitation of Life? I think there are two versions, one with Lana Turner.

I've seen it recently on the Turner Network and would guess it's available for purchase. You'd have to check around on line.
    QueenGina Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2012, 08:43 PM
    The answer is immatation of life.. with Sandra Dee.. and the mother was Lana Turner

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to find black and white movie [ 4 Answers ]

Trying to find the name of a movie I believe was made in the 1930's or 1940's in which a man murders an old woman and cements her into a fireplace.I remember seeing this movie only once about twenty years ago.

I need to know the name of an old black and white movie I forgot the name for [ 4 Answers ]

I saw this old movie about a year ago, it was black and white and about this women who was married to an over protective preacher who made her pray then killed her one day after her first husband (I think) stole a lot of money. The children ended up running away from the preacher who ended up being...

Black and white movie sci fi [ 1 Answers ]

The only thing I remember are there were 3 or 4 people scuba diving. When they came up there was no one left on earth. The plant life was dead or dying. No air. They left on their tanks then the plants started to come back and their was air. They were alone and had to find a way to stay alive....

Old black and white movie [ 1 Answers ]

I need to find out the name of an old black and white movie of a little girl who is evil. She ends up killing a grounds keeper and a classmate because she wanted his award?

An old Black & White movie, help! [ 2 Answers ]

I watched an old B & W movie about man who played a "downtrodden" individual to find out what it was like to live such a life. It was a social experiment on his part but he was really a movie director. A lady (his co-star) bought into his plight in life, initially. She bought him some coffee...

View more questions Search