Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    misskiddo Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2008, 07:31 PM
    Finding My Biological Father
    Hello All,

My name is Amber Hervey. I will soon be 20 years old.
    My father's name is Anthony Decker.
    My mom doesn't really like talking about him. I moved out of the house when I was 17.
    The relationship between my mom and I is very tiresome and shallow. I am convinced that it has something to do with the resentment I've built towards her about my biological father. She never lied about it. And I'm sure she holds some kind of resentment against me for not understanding.
    She promised me that she would keep tabs on my father and that when I turned 18 if I still wanted to find him she would help me. She isn't able to hold up to her end of the bargain, seeing as how she "lost" him.

They were in the Army together at the Defense Language Institute; Presidio, Monterey, CA in 1988.

According to my mother he was separated from his wife at the time. She showed up and wanted to patch things up to raise their daughter together. He went along.

Afterwards she found out she was pregnant with me. She tells me she informed him about me but that he never had any interest in being in my life.

All I know is that his wife's name was/is Roberta and her nickname was/is Bunny. Their daughter's name is Joanie.

He should be between 42 and 45 years old.

My mom remembers him at the time being about 5 foot 10 inches. He had dark hair, brown eyes and a mustache.

I've googled him, of course and found many Anthony Deckers.

My mom's fiancé is dutch. We moved to Holland almost 7 years ago. The thought that he has tried to find me and that he couldn't because of the distance haunts me.

If anyone can help me in any way, I would be more than grateful.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 27, 2008, 07:39 PM

Do you know where he was originally from, his parents name, perhaps a brother or sisters name,

The trouble with these searches are that on common name, you get dozens per state, 100's if not 1000s across the US.

So as much info to help weed out will be helpful.

Sep 27, 2008, 07:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Do you know where he was orginally from, his parents name, perhaps a brother or sisters name,

The trouble with these searches are that on commom name, you get dozens per state, 100's if not 1000s across the US.

So as much info to help weed out will be helpful.
    Sorry, that is all that I know.
    I'm starting to lose it here:confused:

I've been all over the net. It's so hard. But this is unfortunately all the info I have :(
    Gem_22205 Posts: 976, Reputation: 129

Sep 29, 2008, 08:19 AM

I believe I may have found the person for which you are searching. Is there any possible way that your mother can assist you with an approximate age of "Joanie" as she remembers before your birth father left or birth month or year associated with your father?

Sep 29, 2008, 10:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gem_22205 View Post
    I believe I may have found the person for which you are searching. Is there any possible way that your mother can assist you with an approximate age of "Joanie" as she remembers before your birth father left or birth month or year associated with your father?
    I've contacted my mom. She thinks "Joanie" would have been about 5 years old when they split up. (Give or take) and she doesn't even know if that is her name or just what they called her. And he was about 5 or 6 years older than my mom so that would make him about 45 now. Again, give or take. My email address is EMAIL REMOVED FOR PRIVACY

If you have any more information I would be more than grateful to hear about it! :)
    Gem_22205 Posts: 976, Reputation: 129

Sep 29, 2008, 11:53 AM

Information has been sent to you. Hope it is what you are looking for.

Oct 1, 2008, 12:52 PM
    Comment on Gem_22205's post
    Happy to know there are still people like you in the world.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finding biological father [ 2 Answers ]

How can I find my birthfather without having to pay?

Finding Biological Father [ 7 Answers ]

I'm 15 year old and all my life I have known that somewhere out there is the other half of me. This is all the information I have: Brian (or Bryan) Keith Odom Age: 31-35 Brown Hair, Hazel Eyes Last seen in Ft Worth/Dallas TX area.:( Please help me. I could use it.

Adoption from biological Father to Step Father [ 5 Answers ]

Hello: One of my employees has children by her now husband and former husband. Her present husband wants to adopt her two children from her former husband. The biological Father is willing to relinquish his rights. She wants to draw up the papers without an Attorney because of the cost. If...

Finding my biological mother or father [ 7 Answers ]

I would like some help on trying to find my dad. My dad's name is Wayne Turman. And my moms name was Patricia Turman. But they got divorced when I was a baby, and I don't know my moms madien name is. I have two biological brothers, and I have a sister which lived with me. I told my foster parents,...

View more questions Search