Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dragonfly11 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2006, 08:31 AM
    CSS Web design
    Good morning,

I've been trying to do CSS on my new website for a while. I've been able to design some new templates in Dreamweaver, and I've created quite a few CSS styles. The problem I'm having is that I can't seem to see my styles appear on any web interfaces. Internet Explorer and Firefox, two completely different interfaces and both won't even show my CSS designs. The whole pages appears intact and that is the only thing that doesn't show up.

I've tried to find answers over the web about this, but it still doesn't seem to work. I've read the CSS styles folder has to be in the web directory but outside the CGI Bin, which is where it already was, and still it doesn't work.

ANY help anyone could provide would be extremely helpful as I need to post this website soon and I'm running out of time to find the perfect solution!

PS I know my web browsers can show CSS as I've seen it before on different websites and it looked fine.

Thanks
    DF
    kylew Posts: 10, Reputation: 6

Jun 19, 2006, 11:28 AM
    Firefox contains its own standard CSS that can overide a CSS on a webpage.
    Check your Firefox config. Hope this helps :o
    Northwind_Dagas Posts: 348, Reputation: 83

Jun 19, 2006, 11:33 AM
    It might also help if you could provide links to the website you are having problems with.
    rudi_in Posts: 251, Reputation: 45

Jun 19, 2006, 02:56 PM
    Thank you for posting your question to the Ask Me Help Desk.

If you are able to see your CSS layout in the design view but not in the browser after you hit f12 you may want to try a couple of things.

1.) Now that you have made the templates, (external perhaps) -- have you included a link to your CSS in your source code?

2.) Or, check in your Dreamweaver properties panel -- you may want to pull up the drop down menu by your styles and select manage styles. Here you can make some adjustments to the styles and save them so that they should show up in the browser.

Let me know if this gets you where you need to go. If not, we can try something else perhaps.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2006, 12:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rudi_in
    1.) Now that you have made the templates, (external perhaps) -- have you included a link to your CSS in your source code?
    This sounds like what it is to me as well. For every page you want your CSS to affect, you need to import the CSS stylesheet. There are two ways of doing this. The simpliest way is by putting the following code between your <head> tags on a page:

Code:
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="style.css" type="text/css" media="screen"/>
    The above code assumed that your web page and the CSS file (called style.css) are both in the same folder.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Intelligent design [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, I have a question . Please help me on it: Stephen jay Gould thought the best way to argue against intelligent design as the origin of modern flora and fauma was to focus on such oddities of nature as a whale fetus's developping and then dissolving a comlpete set for teeth, in contrast...

Need Help With A Network Design [ 4 Answers ]

Helow everyone, I have a major problem, I am a student and my prof. gave use the problem listed below and he wants an RFP from us giving him a better solutions to what they already have.. Can anyone help me... PLEASE!! Given the company described below with a centralized IT department, analyze...

Interior design course [ 0 Answers ]

I would like to develop my keen interest in interior design. Is anyone out there aware of a high quality school that offers interior design course in Maryland or Washington Dc part time (evening and weekend) or any that provides good online courses that really get you to improve your skills? I...

How to design a web browser using VB [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to design a web browser in visual basic and I don't know how to start or how to design it. Can somebody give me some tips on how to do it and also some codes? In that web browser also, I would like to use a customized image to make it unique. Can someone help out? :confused:

View more questions Search