Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Powzik Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2008, 08:59 AM
    What is this coin?

This is scaned photo of the coin I bought today in very poor condition,no dates,no writtens,just the rest of a portrait which looks like woman portrait.
    This should be an authenic coin.
    Any informations?Thanks in advance.
    jakester Posts: 582, Reputation: 165

Sep 27, 2008, 01:19 PM

How much did you pay for it?
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2008, 09:41 PM
    Powzik - (1)It looks about the right size coin to be a large cent, Like the 1798 - threw 1807,large cent, When you look threw the Post Colonial coins ,there are several that fit the coin.;; See if you can post a picture of the back side, I would like to see if I can make out anything at all on the reverse that will help me to identfiythis coin for you
    If you can get a really strong mag. Glass and check out on both sides to see if you can get anything:: Good luck & GOD BLESS :: F.B.E.

Sep 29, 2008, 09:13 AM

@ jakester : I paid just one dollar! I think this was my cheapest deal.

@ Flying Eagle : I don't think it could be a large cent.The size actually more small.I will put the diametere & MACRO photos of it.
    I checked with a mag. Glass : On the left side of the head I read some words,hardly remarcable.: "FRA"
    It might be "FRANCE" or "FRANCS"
    On the right side of the head all I can read is : "A-GEN" or "A-GLN"
    I promise to post a photo of it's reserve which is very hardly remacable just a thrown with cross on it, and two birds by it sides.
    So my coin might be a French one?Luix14 or something? Or it might be a russian?But I don't think it shuold be an american large sent...
    jakester Posts: 582, Reputation: 165

Sep 29, 2008, 08:11 PM

Powzik - I was just perusing this website and thought it might be of some help to you, I don't know: cgb.fr - French coins collecting ?
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2008, 08:55 PM
    Powzik - I was only guessing because I had no way to size the coin,AND I was Looking threwsome coins that looked towards this coin, I didn't get intop my world coin book, I will say this ,What you said about the reverse side ,you will find several different countries that has the same thing.
    I will keep my eyes open and just as soon as you get it posted I will do some invest. And try my best to id the coin . Have a good day and GOD BLESS :: HELLO CLOUGH, HOPE YOU ARE doing OK ,I am so far , I go to the big city tomorrow to doctor, Hope I get to post something to you then Good day and GOD BLESS - CRAIG, F.B.E.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2008, 02:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Blue Eagle View Post
    Powzik - I was only guessing because I had no way to size the coin,AND I was Looking threwsome coins that looked towards this coin, I didnt get intop my world coin book, I will say this ,What you said about the reverse side ,you will find several different countries that has the same thing.
    I will keep my eyes open and just as soon as you get it posted i will do some invest. and try my best to id the coin . Have a good day and GOD BLESS :: HELLO CLOUGH, HOPE YOU ARE doing ok ,I am so far , I go to the big city tomorrow to doctor, Hope I get to post something to you then Good day and GOD BLESS - CRAIG, F.B.E.
    Thanks, Flying Blue Eagle!

You're always so nice and I hope that things go well for you today! That coin looks similar to the one that I had described to you a number of months ago that, as a child, I had sold for one dollar. Do you remember about that? But, I do suppose that there could be any number of coins minted throughout the ages that could have a "bust" impression on the obverse of them.

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2008, 08:44 PM
    Craig- Thanks for the commit, I didn't find out anything today I have to go back next week to get the results,I think that all (the Doctors ) love to keep the patient guessing and wondering But he said Id have to wait till next week for the results to be back to him, My appot. Was for 1:00 this after noon and I didn't get in the exam, room untiil 2:30, He had a house full, Now to tell you something funny< The answer to your question is YES, I thought about your coin that I tried to Get the inform. That would click something in your mind and say ( HAY that's is it ) On this coin ,yes there are several coins in USA and in forigncoins that his discription would fit, but what he gave ne on the second post ,I think will helpWell have a great day and a safe one, Thanks friend, F.B.E.

Oct 2, 2008, 12:17 PM

I hope these can help! Regards.

Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2008, 09:12 PM

POWZIK - I'm a looking , there are so many different countries that the coins are sim
    Mler. iv'e started looking in my coins of the world book. On the last picture of the coin in question that you have posted, if you lean back about 3 ft and look close ,just below where the crown is just to the left a very very little it looks like another face, I wish I could see the coin betterand study it under a strong mag. Glass with the light, Im not giving up though. Have a nice day and GOD BLESS ;; GOOD EYENING CRAIG < HOPE YOU ARE DOING OK : F.B.E.
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2008, 12:54 AM
    Below, are two of the images that were posted on page one. I enhanced them just a bit in hopes that things might be a little easier to see.

Name:  Coin A - Use.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  54.6 KB

Name:  Coin B - Use.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  42.7 KB

Oct 4, 2008, 05:51 AM

Oct 4, 2008, 05:52 AM

Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2008, 09:05 PM

CLOUGH - craig, this enhancement is helping out,and Im working on it , I believe that I have seen this design before. The one that is on post #12, where it looks like a crown. It may take me a little while ,but I do believe I will ID the coin. Have a good day and GOD BLESS . Your friend ::F.B.E.

Nov 4, 2008, 06:53 AM

I found it.

AUSTRIA 1800 KREUZER

Simillar item on Ebay.

AUSTRIA 1800-G KREUZER FINE C-149 - eBay (item 120327079200 end time Nov-05-08 17:28:33 PST)
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2008, 08:58 PM

POWZIK - Thank you so much for letting me and others that you have found the coin < IT is a beautiful coin, I wish yours would have been as good a condition as the picture of it in my one coin book that I have , I started looking at it the other day and I thought that was the coin Im includeing in this post about this coin , The book that I am referring about is ( WORLD's MOST POPULAR COINS) Written by REINFELD, Published by "" Sterling publishing co. INC. NEW YORK, COPY RIGHT 1963 First tinme - 1956 then 1960, }} I don't know if a libery would have this book or not ,BUT it would be worth trying to fiond ouy ,if they don't ,they may be able to get the book from another libery. If you are able to get the book then look on PAGE 17 in the AUSTRIA COINS >:: IM going to talk to creig - ( CLOUGH ) About how to maybe that I can scan the picture in my book and get it posted on this thread. Im glad you found it ,I wonder how much it is going for on E-BAY.
    Have a great day & GOD BLESS < BY THE WAY I HAD NOT GIVEN UP ON THIS> F.B.E.
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2008, 10:59 PM

Hi, F.B.E.

I'm right here!
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2008, 11:32 PM

CRIAG, - I have a ( DELL ,INSPIRON 530
    Windows -VISTA;; INTELL CORE 2 DUO. Is there a way that I can scan something and then put it on a post like here.?
    If you could help me with this I would
    REally appreciate it and your time , Id love to be able to send him a picture of this coin, I do thank you in advance .THANKS BROTHER CLOUGH< YOU HAVE A VERY NICE DAY TOMORROW< YOUR Friend F.B.E.
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2008, 11:42 PM

Hi, F.B.E.

Do you have a scanner? And, if you do, is the program for the scanner already in your computer?

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2008, 11:01 PM

CLOUGH- Yes I have a printer -scanner- and fax ,all three in one it is the ( Dell AIO printer 946
    The program is already in the computer , this much I know. You won't believe this : but it is easier to figure out the insturments on a air craft then it is to figure out a home computer HA HA , there is computers on them also but I think a lot easier to work with , Im slowly learning on this thing though I play around on this thing to different things just to try to get to know how to work it , IM a self teacher , I don't give very easy ,I found out that they make special books for people like ,I guess I need to get one , You will be a life saver if I can get it worked out so I can post things like others, When we were REALLY YOU WERE ,helping on that other paper currency ,I messed aroun trying what was on the screen on how to do it but it didn't work , Well Im goping to get off here for tonight ,I have dr, appointments for the next 2 days in the big city ,Have a great tomorrow and Thanks in advance and GOD BLESS your friend ;;F.B.E. GOOD NIGHT TO ALL

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Coin value [ 2 Answers ]

would like to know approx value of a 1967 $20 canadian gold coin in almost mint condition

Coin value [ 2 Answers ]

value of u.s.$10 gold liberty 1907 excellent cond

Value of coin [ 4 Answers ]

hi, I found a 1938 buffalo nickel and I was wondering the value of it. It has a buffalo on oone side and an indian headon the other, and it has the word LIBERTY next to the indian head. Thank You

Coin Value [ 1 Answers ]

I have several old coins and a silver certificate and I would like to know what the value of them are.:rolleyes: I have an 1884 silver dollar coin/ an 1899 silver dollar coin/ a 1922 Peace dollar coin/ a 1937 Indian head/buffalo nickel and a 1957 B silver certificate. What are they worth, if...

Old Coin [ 5 Answers ]

I have come across many old coins and some old bills. I was wondering what a 1945 and a 1941 Lincoln Penny might be worth, if anything. This is my first time using this service, if more detail is needed let me know.

View more questions Search