Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jduke44 Posts: 407, Reputation: 44

May 22, 2006, 04:39 AM
    Lead paint
    Does any one know what year they stopped using lead paints? I have some old matchbox cars I would like to give to my kids but don't want to give the ones that might contain lead paint.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

May 22, 2006, 04:46 AM
    1978 was when they stopped using it in homes. I can't find any references as to whether it was acceptable to use it in toys or not after that, but I'd presume not.
    jduke44 Posts: 407, Reputation: 44

May 22, 2006, 12:26 PM
    Thanks for the response. I googled it, but couldn't find anything either. It matter when my children get old enough. I played with them and I turned out OK. I can't let them ply with them until my youngest stops putting things in his mouth. I am being careful not to give them any that are really chipped. If anyone else has any more input please post.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lead poison [ 4 Answers ]

Was paint with lead used on old models Of matchbox cars?

Lead piping [ 6 Answers ]

I think I have lead piping in my bathroom. Wanted to know if I could used a compression fitting to do a lead to copper joint. And does anyone know if I could use normal copmression fittings on the lead pipe because I want to add a valve.

Lead bend [ 7 Answers ]

My master bath had a leak at the toilet so I pulled the toilet up and found that the closet flange and the lead bend where no good. The lead pipe is so bent and you can allmost put your finger threw it the lead bend goes into a cast pipe and I would like to replace the bend if anyone has a clue on...

Lead solder [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any alternatives to resolder a lead solder joint besides lead?

Lead joint [ 5 Answers ]

I need help on the steps to pouring a lead joint

View more questions Search