Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    susanrj Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2008, 03:52 AM
    8month old has less sleep, can some one tell me how to put him to sleep
    Hi my son is 8month and 2 week old; still I tie him when he is sleeping as he kicks the blanket in the night and gets cold…. If I keep the AC less then he sweat and won’t get good sleep. If I keep in un tied then he starts crawling or sits in night and won't sleep for long time can some one tell me how I can keep in untied and in safe position as well as the room temperature which is good for him as we all sleep in a same room. Hope to hear from u soon.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2008, 04:06 AM

If you think he may be cold, try using an extra light layer of clothing instead of the blanket. Perhaps an undershirt or onesie under his pajamas.

Is he doing anything different lately? Sometimes when babies are learning a new skill they will wake more. You could try having a few toys in his bed after he has fallen asleep, so that when he wakes he may play a bit on his own and fall back asleep. If this becomes even more of a reason for him to stay up, keep toys out of his crib.

Since he is in the same room, is moving him to his own an option? Sometimes you will wake up just because he is up and making noise, but he may go back to sleep if he doesn't see you there and if you let him stir and make noise for awhile without going to get him.

There is not one way to get a baby to sleep, hence all of the books on the topic. Sometimes it is just trying something for several nights to see if it works with your child.
    isabelle Posts: 309, Reputation: 31

Sep 27, 2008, 06:01 AM

Hi my son is 8month and 2 week old; still I tie him when he is sleeping

I don't unstand this statement. Are you trying to say that you "tie him" as in "restraining him" when he sleeps?
    Nurseonlinenow Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2011, 01:20 PM
    Well, sleep with him and your husbund in your bed
    I did that with my daughter then when she was 1 years old she started sleeping by her self!
    Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I Need sleep [ 2 Answers ]

Other than going and having perscribed medicine, what can someone do for insomnia? Im up all hours of the night and no matter how tired I am I just can't sleep, I limit the caffine throughout the day, I try to read before bed to kind of relax me,I walk around town during the day so I'm not just...

Can't sleep [ 13 Answers ]

Every night when I got to sleep my dog sleeps in my room and I shut my door. My brother's dog will lay outside my door and aound 5:00 am he always starts to cry. What can I do? :eek:

Too much sleep? Bad? [ 6 Answers ]

So I was reading some crazy article online saying, people who sleep large amounts of hour I nthe day shorten their life. This can not be true.. I mean, my friend sleeps the majority of the day (he says he is tired but I know he is just lazy haha) He seems fine to me. Someone help me...

Sleep For Mac [ 4 Answers ]

Refuses to SLEEP automatically. Difficult to SLEEP manually. When I do get it to SLEEP, free zes when awakened.

My Dog won't sleep in its bed! [ 2 Answers ]

We have just got ourselves a 2yr old golden retreaver. She is generally a well behaved well trained dog, who has taken to our children very well. Our only problem is that she won't sleep in her bed. Even if we try and put her in it she cowers back and struggles away. Its almost as if she is...

View more questions Search