Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    seahippie Posts: 46, Reputation: 2

Sep 27, 2008, 12:14 AM
    Home-based business or university?
    I not sure whether to spend the next 4 yrs at university to do a Bachelor of Education(Special)/Bachelor Arts (Psychology)... or... spend 4 years setting up a home-based business (re-designing used clothes). I'm passionate about both... but I have to choose one.
    fjsmith81 Posts: 122, Reputation: 11

Sep 27, 2008, 12:27 AM

I would say go with your heart. School is a lot of hard work, it can be very expensive, and unfortunately some of the classes that you have to take you won't feel that passionate about. But in four years you will have your degree, and hopefull withstanding our economy you will be able to find a stable good paying job. On the other hand starting your own business is a lot of hard work, it too can be expensive, and it can be discouraging if business doesn't pick up at the pace that you anticipate. But, who knows your potential income is limitless.

In your situation I would suggest writing a list of pros and cons for each. I am not trying to give you a direct answer of what you should do, because ultimately that is your decision.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 27, 2008, 08:01 AM

I would say why do you have to chose, why not do both?

First of course college can help you in classes on marketing, on fashion design and other areas.

Also with a degree that can never be taken away. The home based business will help pay for the college and you will have both.
    Camborio Posts: 75, Reputation: 4

Sep 30, 2008, 05:02 PM

I would also say both, because college is basically four years of free networking... you can make connections with people that like your clothes. I wish I had realized that when I was in school, unfortunately I didn't take advantage of it to grow my business.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home based business [ 28 Answers ]

Okay, deep breath! I need to supplement my income (single mother with huge mortgage and two kids that would love to have more of everything) without going under in the process. I've been helping my partner out in his business as his Office Manager, working odd hours and weekends. It has helped...

Home based business [ 8 Answers ]

I am interested in doing one of them PT and wanted to know if there are any legitimate ones if you know out there.

Home based business [ 10 Answers ]

I am looking for the best idea with minimum capital??

At home data entry jobs or home based business [ 0 Answers ]

Come April 8,2007 I will be laid off from my job and wanted to know if any of these free data entry jobs are legitimate or home bases business are worth doing. If so, where can I find them? Any information will be helpful. Thanks.

View more questions Search