Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    avel Posts: 199, Reputation: 0

May 21, 2006, 09:54 PM
    1GB installer to 2 700MB disc...
    I hope this forum could help me, I have a 1GB installer and I want to burn it into 2 700MB disc that will like if I insert disc1 when its done it will ask for disc2... but I don't know what file should be into disc1 and what in disc2... Can you help me for this... :confused: please...
    sirfredrico Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2006, 02:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by avel
    I hope this forum could help me, I have a 1GB installer and I want to burn it into 2 700MB disc that will like if i insert disc1 when its done it will ask for disc2... but I don't know what file should be into disc1 and what in disc2... Can you help me for this...:confused: please...

That's a very good question. I'm not sure it can be done, but if so id be interested to know that myself...
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

May 22, 2006, 02:47 PM
    Will something like this work for you?:
    NONAGS File Splitting Tools - Freeware
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 22, 2006, 03:21 PM
    What on earth has a 1 Gig installer!?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 22, 2006, 04:36 PM
    Where did you get this file from. How does it install now?

You can't split the file that way. The Install routine has to be programmed to look for another disk.

If we know more about the file, we may be able to suggest an alternative.

May 22, 2006, 09:00 PM
    I brought this Adobe installer, but when I run it to my CD rom it can't be read, I guess the installer is a DVD disc because it 1.xGB so I want to burn it separately into 2 700MB disc for my CDrom to read...

Someone advice me to use winrar compress to SFX... what do you think...
    Tommyp!972 Posts: 300, Reputation: 36

May 23, 2006, 12:19 AM
    Go buy a $20 or less dvd rom.. far easier
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2006, 01:04 AM
    I agree with Scott and I don't think it can be done.

Also if you can't read the DVD in the first place - how do you plan on getting the information off it to burn anyway?!

I'd agree with Tommy - just buy a cheap DVD drive. A lot of games & programs come out on DVD nowadays so it would be worth the cost.

May 23, 2006, 01:33 AM
    How did I found out... well I've tried it to my friend's DVDrom then it run so I coppied the file to my hard disc which I atteched to his PC then go back to my place and figuring out how to burn it, because sad to say my friend don't have a writter and burner and he don't even know how to burn ah what a guy he don't want to learn those staff... :D

And about buying that's impossible I'm too poor to buy I can't even buy a new jeans... :( just my PC is my only hope if I learn much then I could find a better job and better wage... :D

May 23, 2006, 05:06 AM
    Hmmm, Most Adobe products are pretty expensive. Much less than a DVD drive would be.

But the bottom line, is you can't do anything with to automate the install onto CD from DVD. What you might be able to do is contact Adobe and ask if its possible to get the program on CD. Usually companies will do that for free or a nominal fee.

If you are looking to create a backup, you can split the install into 2. But you will need to restore to your hard drive and run from there to install.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 23, 2006, 05:25 AM
    Hmmm... usually the installation file is not that big as it references other files during the setup/installation procedure. My bittorrent-piracy warning bells are going off at this moment.
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

May 23, 2006, 08:56 AM
    This question follows a similar pattern to Avel's previous question about burning PlayStation games (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...les-25196.html)

Once again, I say software piracy is a crime. There are many ways to rationalize stealing (... I would never have bought it anyway, they're a big company and can afford it, prices are too high and I'm poor, it's a download - eveyone does it... ), but at the end of the day it's theft just the same.

May 23, 2006, 09:59 AM
    This is Definitely a PIRACY ISSUE...

Asking how to help you once you've already stolen the material is wrong... end this thread and don't ask again how to burn pirated material and don't lie and say it wasn't pirated...

We all here know better from reading your other post about trying to play downloaded playstation games(piracy) on the PC

Thank you phillysteakandchees for posting that link

May 23, 2006, 08:02 PM
    Ok I can't force you to believe me, but sure I'm not lying may the guy who sold me this cd is a fake... Well thanks for your time anyway... You guys are really good...

May 24, 2006, 05:37 AM
    I haven't commented on the piracy possibilities as yet because, while some things did sound fishy, I didn't think there was enough evidence to prove this was piracy.

So you are claiming you bought this CD (I thought it was a DVD) from a "a guy". Did this program come in its original box or did he just sell you the disk? Was this disk imprinted with Adobe's logo and the software logo? What specific Adobe application was on this disk? How much did you pay for it?

I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt that you purchased this disk in good faith. But I suspect that the answers to the above questions will show that the software was pirated. Maybe not by you, but by the guy who sold it to you.

May 31, 2006, 07:31 PM
    Ok, I bought this installer (Adobe Creative Suite 2) from a guy working in a CD/PC shop it cost me Php500... They are selling lots of cd, PC parts and installers...

May 31, 2006, 09:32 PM
    Dude.. do you honestly think we are going to help just because you said you paid php 500

Which if anyone didn't know...
    PHP 500 is a philippine peso worth only $9.45 US dollars...
    Program is worth $500+ here in the states...

So I ask you...

How does one get a $500 program for only $9.45?

So stop asking about it and go to some other site please to discuss pirated material... thank you
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2006, 12:06 AM
    Actual price of Adobe Creative Suite in PHPs: 63,469.56

Avel, regardless of where you got this CD from. You cannot split the installation program into two parts. There's no way of doing it.

Jun 4, 2006, 11:14 PM
    Its up to you Tommyp, but honestly,

I don't know how's that happened but actually almost all of software here in the Philippines are just about 2,000 or less or no ordinary people will buy it because here, money is too hard to get...

And as LT said I understand now, because I believe you need to make a program or command to separate the installer...

But thankz anyway guys you've explored my mind...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows Installer Service [ 1 Answers ]

I tried to re-install the Installer Service on an XP Home SP2 computer I have here. I keep getting an Access Denied error and the installation backtracks and restarts the computer. I have read numerous instructions telling me to rename msi.dll msiexec.dll and msihnd.dll and they all say that it...

Windows Installer [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I used to have Nokia PC Suite 5.1 installed. I have managed to manually (Auto wouldn't work) uninstall it and install Nokia PC Suite 6.2 - which is working great. Now, every time I start my Windows Xp PC I have Windows Installer asking me where the install disk is, This also appears when I use...

Once I Have Made A Disc, Can I Make Copies Of The Disc Uncopiable? [ 6 Answers ]

Yeah erm, I have made a disc consisting of some word and excel files. I would like to sell this disc as it is interactive and can benefit people. How do I copy the disc so people can use it but cannot re write/copy it on their computer and sell it on? :rolleyes:

Xp Installer [ 3 Answers ]

For some reason I can't intall prgrams on my computer. Its saying my computer is operating in safe mode or is missing XP Installer. My computer isn't in safe Mode. Can anyone tell me where I can download windows Installer or do I have to reinstall XP. If that is the case, will I loose all...

View more questions Search