Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicholaso Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2008, 11:46 PM
    How to start a trust fund
    Morning,

My 15 month old boy needs to go for hearing aids, speech therapy and after 3 months he needs to go for a cochlear implant in his left ear. The medical aid does not want to cover the hearing aids and can maybe only assist/cover R41500.00 for hospitalization. I would like to know how I can start the trust fund. He is all ready a year behind with his speech, and need to get him the hearing aids as soon as possible, so that he can start with the speech therapy.
    Please can someone assist?

Thank you and Regards
    Attached Images

Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 26, 2008, 12:50 AM
    Hi, nicholaso!

Greetings and WELCOME to the site! I just moved your question that you had posted in Introductions to this topic area so that it would get the most exposure to those who are best able to answer it. Introductions is for people to introduce themselves and we try to not ask questions there.

We would appreciate it if you would return to Introductions sometime to tell us a little about yourself though, if you would be willing to do that.

I am very sorry for the plight that you face! Have you considered having some sort of fundraiser in order to help with the finances? That's what I can think of right now.

Hopefully, others will also be along to address your question who might have some additional ideas.

Thanks!

Sep 26, 2008, 12:58 AM
    Hi Clough,

Thank you for replying. I will defenitly introduce myself. Yes, I am trying to start a fundraiser. My husbund all ready contacted one of the radio stations and the school is going to start with raising some money as well.

I have been told that I need to open a trust fund for Nicholas and that is why I am asking.

I am so confuse at the moment, I don't really know where to start.

Thanks
    Uber Member

Sep 26, 2008, 01:07 AM

Hi, nicholaso!

I'm confused as to why you were told that you needed to open up a trust fund for Nicholas. Would you please explain that so that others who do come along to answer will understand what is going on?

The others that do come along to answer might not do so for a number of hours because they might be asleep right now.

Thanks!

Sep 26, 2008, 01:36 AM

Hi Clough,

I have been told that you can not raise money/funds with out having a trust fund especially when it is such a big amount.
    Can I open up a normal bank account for my for the money that we raise? It does not have to be a trust fund?

Thanks
    Uber Member

Sep 26, 2008, 02:13 AM

I'm not sure where you are located. For those that do come along to answer, it would be helpful to know that.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to start a trust fund [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to know how to start a medical trust fund/foundation in memory of my daughter who died of cancer, to help other children and adults in Vanuatu and other third world countries who do not have access to adequate medical services and resources to provide proper diagnosis and treatment...

What really is a TRUST FUND? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm thinking about starting a trust fund for my daughter but I have no idea how they work. Can you help me?

Trust fund [ 1 Answers ]

How do a I set up a trust fund?

View more questions Search