Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2008, 08:06 PM
    Any good recipies?
    Soon, I would like to MAKE a dinner for me and my fiancé. I do know how to cook, I'm not completely helpless in the area, but the problem is WHAT do I cook? If anyone has easy, affordable, (romantic?? ) recipies, they would be apprieciated!
    starfirefly Posts: 397, Reputation: 33

Sep 25, 2008, 08:19 PM

Easy Chicken Parmesan Recipe - Baked Chicken Parmesan

Chicken parmesan is my fav its easy to make and the best part is it looks like you did a lot of work
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2008, 08:25 PM

I'm not sure what kind of food you and your fiancé like, but here's some good, "fancy", but easy recipes:

Pork Loin cooked in Milk Four Obsessions: Reading, Writing, Cooking and Crafting: Ugly, but Tasty Very tasty. I don't do the whole "cut slits and stuff" thing... I just tie the herbs into some cheesecloth and throw it in the milk. (Side note: if you cube the meat, dredge it, and cook it up in the same way with some peas, chopped carrots, onion, and celery, you get a really nice stew.)

And this is the best asparagus recipe I have come across. Roast asparagus dressed with a brown butter/basalmic vinegar/soy sauce. Yum! Roasted Asparagus With Balsamic Brown Butter Sauce Recipe | Recipezaar

Throw in some crusty bread or rice for sopping up the milk sauce, and something nice for dessert, and Bob's your uncle.
    laynayumi Posts: 24, Reputation: 3

Sep 25, 2008, 11:39 PM

Cream cheese won tons.
    Sweet and sour sauce.
    And fry rice.
    And a side of greens just for the complete meal.
    Whether it be salad with a Asian dressing or steamed anything is very healthy.

To make the wontons just go to the asian isle in the cold refrigerated section. Usually at at market. Just ask someone.

Ingredients: won ton
    Won ton skin.
    Cream cheese(one block should be good)
    1 egg white
    Flour
    Canola oil

Ingredients: sweet and sour sauce
    Get a can of sliced dole pineapples
    Ketchup
    And corn starch

(first prepare the won tons)
    1. prepare on a flat surface.
    Lay out all the sheets of won ton skins.
    2. separate egg white put in a small bowl.
    3.cut block of cream cheese into a inch side by side cube.
    4. next one by one outline the skins with egg whites(to seal)
    Place the cube of cream cheese in the center and fold from corner to corner a evenly folded triangle.
    5.Proceed with as many as you'd like.
    (But they go super fast, so make enough! )
    6.fry in the oil, it should be a light slightly golden color.

Sweet and sour sauce:

1. heat (small) pot on stove
    2. put whole can of pineapple juice into a pot
    3. put in 4 tablespoons of ketchup
    4. let boil add chunks of the pineapple if you'd like
    5. add 3 tablespoons of cornstarch and 1 tablespoon of water into a separate cup then combine into mixture.
    That prevents any clumping of the starch when added to the sauce.

And presto.
    Delicious and not too Asian for anyone.
    Oh make sure to make a good fry rice.
    You can even cheat and buy a boxed fry rice mix.
    But if you'd like to know more just ask;];]
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2008, 05:48 AM

Asian food is actually one of our favorites, but I'm not sure if he would feel guilty eating it. He likes to watch what he eats considering he's in the military. I'm sure if I made it, he would eat it though! =)
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2008, 07:01 AM

I was going to suggest lasagne but I saw that he likes to watch what he eats. Still, you could use reduced or lowfat cheeses and egg beaters. There's an easy recipe on the back of the Prince lasagne noodles box where you don't even have to boil the noodles. Have a salad before hand. Anytime I make that lasagne everyone loves it!
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2008, 09:22 PM

I love my cookbooks, but you can always access thousands of recipes online for free!

My favorite recipe site is:

Epicurious.com: Recipes, Menus, Cooking Articles & Food Guides

I think they have lots of great things to offer on their site. I also really like the fact that the recipes also come with reviews from people who have already tried them.

And then there's always martha stewart! She's great for anyone trying to create the image of a traditional home. :)

Recipes, Cooking Tips, Home Decorating Ideas, Crafts, Gardening, Food and Dessert Recipes, and Entertaining from Martha Stewart

Her classic recipes are tried, true and delicious.

Food by Celebration and more delicious recipes, smart cooking tips, and video demonstrations on marthastewart.com

BakeSpace.com - Recipe Swap and Food Social Network and All recipes – complete resource for recipes and cooking tips also have thousands of recipes for the novice cook.

Good luck! :)
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2008, 01:00 PM

I always thought themed dinners were fun.

For example:

A night in Pisa...
    Simple fettucini alfredo/spaghetti/lasagna
    Garlic Bread
    Fresh salad
    Tiramisu for desert (Easy Tiramisu for Two recipe at Kraftfoods.com)
    Espresso/coffee

Set the mood with Italian love songs playing in the background, a red and white checked table cloth, drippy candles, etc.

Or, go for an Evening in Paris... A Lunch in Beunes Aires

Let your imagination run wild! :)
    schwaigen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2008, 04:27 AM
    Try some german recipes. The site below is in english and has some great recipes.

Authentic German Recipes. Food Recipes From Germany

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ford Ranger starter good, battery good What else? [ 36 Answers ]

I have a '92 Ranger that won't start it just clicks one time. I thought it was the starter but it is good. I changed the battery terminals and that fixed one problem now it clicks until you turn the key off. I can't figure it out any advise? Thanks.

Jazz shoes. Good or not good fit? [ 8 Answers ]

I just got a new pair of jazz shoes the other day for dance. My old jazz shoes were much cheaper (from payless) and fit on my feet just right. Now I just got capezio jazz shoes that are much nicer and have nicer leather and such. But they are tight is this normal? How should jazz shoes fit on your...

Weight loss recipies [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone, OK, my whole family is over weight it is in our line. I want to know how to loss the weight. My mom is over weight and so is my dad. I am 13 and my weight is 12 stone but I am 5'71/2 heigh. I want to lose weight before the sumer.I always get critisezed about my weight and I get...

Casserole recipies [ 14 Answers ]

Okay my cyber family, the crunch is on. Today I officially became a nursing student. I have been forewarned that this is going to be tough on my and the family. Especially where the kitchen is concerned. We were told in orientation today to take the rest of the summer and make casseroles that...

View more questions Search