Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dave08 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2008, 07:04 PM
    Visitation rights as a father
    I have a 8months baby that lives with the mother right now... there was a problem with me and the baby mother mom... so now she took that against me and I haven't seen my baby since August, I'm worry for my child because of crazy grandmother but I need to know how to get my visitation rights the right way but I'm afraid she might put me on child support and I have no job yet I'm looking..
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2008, 07:16 PM

You will have to go to court to get your visitation and yes she will counter file for support but if you have no income then your support will be set at your state minimum.
    dave08 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2008, 07:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by stinawords View Post
    You will have to go to court to get your visitation and yes she will counter file for support but if you have no income then your support will be set at your state minimum.
    What you mean my support will be set at the state minimum
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2008, 10:36 PM

Where are you located? If in the U.S. each state has a set minimum that will be ordered for child support. This is used when there is no income to use in order to determine the support because support is supposed to be based off the ncp's income. However, in a case like yours where there is no income the state minimum will be ordered until you make enough to warrant an increase.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Father is drinking.visitation rights? [ 4 Answers ]

My sons father and I were never married and live 3 hours apart... over the last 5 years we have met half way to exchange visitation... he has never once showed up to pick up our son, his mother has always done it and she has always been the "decision maker" when it comes to his fathers opinions.....

Visitation rights of a father [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 7month old daughter and her father is a truck driver. He is having issues with me moving on with my life, what are his visitation rights to see her? Is it every other weekend or can he take her every time he is home?

Father visitation rights [ 4 Answers ]

I use ti live in Va so is my daughter, my ex moved to Texas with my daughter. I live now in Florida. The mother refuse to let me see my daughter just because she has custody . How can I get visitation with my daughter... I miss her so much:confused:

Visitation rights of the father [ 7 Answers ]

My ex girlfriend will not let me see my 2 young sons. I am paying child support and all I want is to be able to see my sons. What can I do in order to get visitation rights? I would like to pick them up every other weekend at least. What are my rights?

Visitation to father? Should I? [ 3 Answers ]

I live in North Texas. My ex and I went to mediation this fall he thought that I was in contempt of court and thought I would go to jail. The mediator is a former Texas judge and told him that I would not go to jail and that I was not in contempt. Then we worked out other details but basically...

View more questions Search