Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Oct 3, 2008, 12:01 PM

I think you all make good points.

From a male perspective I'd would like to meet more girls into video games. I'd much rather buy a girl video games or consoles than dish out for those "other interests" asking referred to, only for the fact that those other interests seem to ALWAYS include coach bags:)

Those bags make any system seem cheap.
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2008, 03:38 PM

Haha. Wow, that makes me feel a little strange, what's a coach bag? I imagine it's some kind of purse, but I'm 18, never had a purse in my entire life.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2008, 03:56 PM

Most guys don't carry purses so I wonder why we need them. If you don't have a purse, you do need clothes that have pockets, for your wallet and maybe a phone. It's hard to find nice clothes for women with functional pockets.

In the last few years, two different boyfriends have bought me expensive leather bags. In one case, I asked him to return it and get his money back, and he got all miffed. I think it WAS Coach now that you mention it. So when I got another one from a different guy, I just said thanks and haven't used it once. Not ALL girls want coach bags. :)
    scottishdrunk23 Posts: 45, Reputation: 4

Oct 19, 2008, 04:29 PM

Most women think games like gears of war are sick and barbaric and with games like call of duty they just seem pointless for some reason.then they play guitar hero because they can relate to that because it is music not killing someone with a chainsaw. By the by, what's your gamertag?mine's scottishdrunk23 and I play a lot of those games too.
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2008, 12:56 PM

asking-
    I always think that too. I wonder what girls even find to fill a purse! All I carry around is a wad of cash and a house key, I mean, that's what pockets are for! To be totally honest,
    when "aunt flo" comes, I carry a small backpack, and leave it in the car just in case.

scottishdrunk23=
    I usually pay to play online and use whatever gamertag they give me, my siblings just got xbox LIVE over at my parent's house so they're having a blast and I'm stuck here- I'm so jelous! Yeah, I actually started playing Call of Duty when the 2nd one came out, and I've been playing Halo since forever, and now Gears. Call of Duty isn't pointless! It's an amazing game, and decently realistic. Just watching that game is like a feast- mmmm... may your Xbox360 experience be as gluttonous as mine... as far as violence goes, I actually watched SAW today for the first time- it makes me feel extremely unemotional- I have never freaked out at a movie, or cried during one. Like I said, it's because my first R rated was when I was 11, and my first video game was Mortal Kombat, and War Gods when I was 4- I've been desensitized to violence.
    9hththt2 Posts: 59, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2008, 01:32 PM

Hey... I'm a female gamer too. Seems like there are some around here.
    I play some games like Halo, Guild Wars, World of Warcraft, Battlefield, Counter-Strike and also Call Of Duty.

It is true that most of my friends (girls) don't really like these kind of games because they say it's not their type... They're more likely to play "The Sims" or whatever...

I know a girl who likes some aggressive rpgs though is very 'girly'...
    But yeah... I guess it is true that somehow sexes differ in aggressiveness.
    SmokeHaze Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2008, 05:44 PM

To Be Honest I find that a girl who plays video games turns me on. I love to compete and talk to a girl about video games and have them respond as I would and give there opinion as a female.
    xxariesxx Posts: 202, Reputation: 40

Nov 8, 2008, 03:35 PM
    I'm a female gamer too. They're so addicting!

I've played a lot of different ones since I was young, but for the past year or two I've been playing World of Warcraft online a lot. Probably more than is healthy.. haha.
    XxkissesxXX Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2008, 11:27 PM

I love halo I love fable 1 an 2 I haven't played much of call of duty but I thought it was pretty fun when I did (but one of the only reasons I do play is because of having 3 older brothers )
    spyderglass Posts: 434, Reputation: 34

Nov 10, 2008, 10:15 PM

I recently bought MercenariesII, let me tell you something. It's something!
    Ferghus Posts: 97, Reputation: -4

Nov 10, 2008, 10:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jaime90 View Post
    My sister and I have been playing video games since we were both about 4 years old
    (1994; we're twins, so the same amount of years) I have yet to find any female gamers that are as hardcore into video games as we are. Most don't play Gears of War, Call Of Duty, Halo, Mass Effect, or Bioshock- they just play rock band or guitar hero (which yeah, I play too) How come there aren't very many girl gamers? I just figured it was because our culture teaches that women aren't supposed to be agressive or competitive, and that video games are for guys, so women don't really get that chance to play and get hooked to the games like most guys do. Plus, adolesents can conform to their culture better than anyone, so it kind of makes sense to me.
    What I've heard is that guys like it because they're more of what a man was built to do- to defeat the game, but there's no hormonal barrier that prevents a woman from being as or more agressive than a man, so what's up? Why are there so few female gamers?
    Supposedly, there are quite a lot of females playing MMPORPG's, like WoW and EQ etc. as in these games, there is a lot more to do than just go out and kill stuff. However, it's hard for the average person to tell for sure since in the online world, there are a lot of men, masquerading as women.

Nov 10, 2008, 10:25 PM

I'm 100% woman and I'll play Gears, and GTA, and all of the good stuff.

Nov 10, 2008, 10:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferghus View Post
    Supposedly, there are quite a lot of females playing MMPORPG's, like WoW and EQ etc. as in these games, there is a lot more to do than just go out and kill stuff. However, it's hard for the average person to tell for sure since in the online world, there are a lot of men, masquerading as women.
    I play WoW and I'm a woman. I promise.

It's a lot of fun, though like I said, I probably play too much.

Nov 10, 2008, 10:35 PM

Gamejunke eh, aries? :)

Nov 10, 2008, 10:57 PM
    Haha yeah, Spyderglass. I went through a lot of games when I was little too on the original NES (those were the days). N64, Playstation, etc...

WoW is the only computer game I've ever really played though.

And I did go through the Pokemon stage. Yeah that's right, I admitted it...

What kind of games do you usually like?

Nov 11, 2008, 10:01 PM

I love Halo, Gear, WoW (too), Merc1and 2, I loved the Godfather game in high school I would play Wolfenstein etc. etc
    I could go on and on!
    Dalliesgrrl Posts: 43, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2008, 10:28 PM

Coming from a girl, I've always been engaged in video games. I grew up loving racing games and would gladly compete with anyone who was up to the challenge.

I spent many years in the Army playing a video game of sorts there, so COD was the best thing since sliced bread when I discovered it. Now, after my daughter goes to bed, Monday nights are officially COD4 nights.

However, every other night is WoW night! My husband was into WoW early in our relationship. I was never the "nagging" type, so instead of griping at him for playing, I referred back to the old saying, "If you can't beat em, join em!" I LOVE playing WoW! I've now got my own 70 (er, 71 now.. damn that xpac) and rock my own DK!

I agree, video games are targeted for girls, but damn don't we rock! ;P I'll take care of my daughter, do the dishes, the laundry, sew a blanket, and make a few hairbows... then I'll rock my 'lock on World of Warcraft!

Nov 22, 2008, 11:07 PM

My husband bought Left 4 Dead yesterday! WOOOT
    Dalliesgrrl Posts: 43, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2008, 10:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderglass View Post
    My husband bought Left 4 Dead yesterday! WOOOT
    My husband just told me about that last night! That game sounds soooooo fun! Have you played it yet?
    Forgiveme Posts: 42, Reputation: 4

Nov 23, 2008, 07:30 PM

There are a lot of female gamers, I play with them all the time on my xbox 360.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hey any gamers out there? [ 4 Answers ]

I need help on call of duty 4 can u help :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Female Cat [ 2 Answers ]

We have a stray cat, who has been in our home for over 3 years. She's a calico and appears never to have been fixed. She was wild outdoors through 3 winters here in Vermont. Today, all of a sudden, she's bleeding or menstruating out her vagina. OR, could she have a urinary track infection?

View more questions Search