Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aubyn19ja Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2008, 10:13 PM
    Homework
    4) The formula for calculating the amount of money returned for an initial deposit into a bank account or CD (certificate of deposit) is given by

A is the amount of the return.
    P is the principal amount initially deposited.
    r is the annual interest rate (expressed as a decimal).
    n is the number of compound periods in one year.
    t is the number of years.

Carry all calculations to six decimals on each intermediate step, then round the final answer to the nearest cent.

Suppose you deposit $2,000 for 5 years at a rate of 8%.

a) Calculate the return (A) if the bank compounds annually (n = 1). Round your answer to the hundredth's place.

Answer:

Show work in this space. Use ^ to indicate the power or use the Equation Editor in MS Word.

b) Calculate the return (A) if the bank compounds quarterly (n = 4). Round your answer to the hundredth's place.

Answer:

Show work in this space:

c) Does compounding annually or quarterly yield more interest? Explain why.

Answer:

Explain:

d) If a bank compounds continuously, then the formula used is
    where e is a constant and equals approximately 2.7183.
    Calculate A with continuous compounding. Round your answer to the hundredth's place.

Answer:

Show work in this space:

e) A commonly asked question is, “How long will it take to double my money?” At 8% interest rate and continuous compounding, what is the answer? Round your answer to the hundredth's place.

Answer:

Show work in this space:

5) Suppose that the function represents the percentage of inbound e-mail in the U.S. that is considered spam, where x is the number of years after 2000.

Carry all calculations to six decimals on each intermediate step when necessary.

a) Use this model to determine the percentage of spam in the year 2003. Round your answer to two decimals places.

Answer:

Show your work in this space:

b) Use this model to determine in how many years (to two decimal places) it will take for the percent of spam to reach 95% provided that law enforcement regarding spammers does not change.

Answer:

5) Suppose that the function represents the percentage of inbound e-mail in the U.S. that is considered spam, where x is the number of years after 2000.

Carry all calculations to six decimals on each intermediate step when necessary.

a) Use this model to determine the percentage of spam in the year 2003. Round your answer to two decimals places.

Answer:

b) Use this model to determine in how many years (to two decimal places) it will take for the percent of spam to reach 95% provided that law enforcement regarding spammers does not change.

Answer:

3) Describe the transformations on the following graph of . State the placement of the vertical asymptote and x-intercept after the transformation. For example, vertical shift up 2 or reflected about the x-axis are descriptions.

a) Description of transformation:

Equation(s) for the Vertical Asymptote(s):
    x-intercept in (x, y) form:

b) Description of transformation:

Equation(s) for the Vertical Asymptote(s):

x-intercept in (x, y) form:
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 24, 2008, 10:28 PM
    Thank you for taking the time to copy your homework to AMHD.
    Please refer to this announcement: Ask Me Help Desk - Announcements in Forum : Homework Help
    fjsmith81 Posts: 122, Reputation: 11

Sep 24, 2008, 10:43 PM

Get a financial calculator a ti-83 is sufficient. Use the formulas I am sure your professor has provided you with. This is a tvm problem, simply put, the hardest thing is knowing what numbers to plug into which equation and where.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Homework [ 3 Answers ]

Find the value of the change in a purse that contains twice as many nickels as pennies, 5 more dimes than nickels, and as many quarters as dimes and nickels combined. Express your answer in terms of P, the numbers of pennies.

Homework language homework [ 1 Answers ]

You see well I have this homeworkassighmentthat isdo first thing in the morning so all I ask is that you write down some words in azorean langugauge! Words: Pencil Sharpener Paper Crayon Pen Binder

Homework help [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am at my wit's end with my 9 year old daughter. I can not get her to work on her homework or to help around the house. She is addicted to MSN, and Iwill not allow her to use the computer until she is done her homework/chores. This is not working though,she will just sit in her roomand...

Homework help [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help me out with this journal entry please.. Please calculate the proper amount for each adjusting entry as of 12/31/2005 and write the correct journal entry for each of the scenarios shown below for Smith and Waters, Inc. Payroll pay period is calculated on a Thursday to...

View more questions Search