Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gatasalvaje Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2008, 12:00 PM
    Is my 6 year old daughter gifted or just smart
    Hi my daughter who is 6 has been advanced compared to my 13 year old son and daughter since birth by the time she entered prk at 4 she knew how to write her first and last name ,her colors her shapes even octagon her number by sight and could count to 100 and could recognize her letters .She started reading when she entered prek and was able to read parent teacher communication on a board I was working on for school last year in kindergarten she was the only one who was aloud to take out chapter books from the library because she could read and understand them.I myself am not gifted in fact I have a learning disablitie in math her dad is not gifted either .She learned to use the computer by herself at 2 and new how to open AOL and paint shop and writing pad. She never been into toys she preffered a notebook and pen at 2 and now the computer .when she started first grade this year she wasn't happy I asked her why she said it to easy .so I'm confused is she gifted or just really smart.
    jakester Posts: 582, Reputation: 165

Sep 24, 2008, 05:53 PM

gatasalvaje -

Maybe you can have your daughter tested through the school she attends. They have tests that she can take which can determine whether she if gifted or not... gifted as in MENSA, gifted.

Hope that helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 year old gifted or very bright? [ 60 Answers ]

Hi everyone, The director of the day care where my son goes twice a week believes that he may be gifted. She wants to have him assessed. I have done a lot of reading up on this subject, and have looked at the characteristics of gifted children... but I am still not sure if he is just very...

Is my 4 year old son gifted? [ 16 Answers ]

Hi. I believe my son who's nearly four may be gifted. Since a very young age he has been ablt to do so many things. He can count endessly and count backwards. He can do a bit of addition, can spell quite a lot of words, his full name, and most of our family members names. He can read books and...

My gifted 5 yr old daughter, should I look into changing schools? [ 11 Answers ]

Hey everyone :) So my daughter is 5 and in kindergarten... I went to my daughter's first parent teacher conference last night. A little background on her... I (as well as other family members) started seeing signs of advancement when she was really little. I just figured she was a fast...

Smart two year old [ 7 Answers ]

My son is very bright he can count 20 himself and follows on to 30, he knows his colours and I have lost count of the amount of words he can say now, he uses both hand to paint and draw but favours his left. He can also point to and tell you his A to Z, I am just a normal parent and I want my son...

Do you think my 5 year is gifted [ 11 Answers ]

Are you able to tell me if this is Asperger of Giftness Traits? My 5 year always been different since birth. Never slept through the night, very fussy, very picky with eat at birth. But now he's 5 years old and he's *Very demanding *Impatience *Emotionally sensitive *Curious of...

View more questions Search