Ask
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2006, 07:00 AM
    Spiritual inmaturity
    Forget Scientology, how about Opus Dei
    'Da Vinci Code' group is perfect fit for celebrity religious tastes
    Forget Scientology, how about Opus Dei - Da Vinci Code - MSNBC.com

Scientology, this that and the other religon. Why do these Hollywood types always seem to be on the fringe of spiritual movements? Do they know something I don't, (quite possibly) or, are they just spiritually inmature people caught up in a wild world beyond their control and are just grasping for the "rock" to ease the insanity. If there are any big movie stars out there that frequent ask me help desk, please feel free to respond. :D
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2006, 07:44 AM
    Hi,
    The great majority of movie producers are out for one thing; the basis for a business; a profit! Not all are like that, but with all the movies out, money is the primary goal.
    Someone is even now putting out a very young childrens' TV show, for 2 yr olds! Even though most childrens' professional counselors do not suggest a youngster viewing TV all day long, they did it anyway.
    Whatever happened to parents spending time with their very young children, reading to them and going through childrens' books with them; actually playing and learning!
    As to you question about movies, I think they are the same as those who write books on every subject under the sun... putting their own "twists" on everything.
    This movie, according to Network News reports, is making some town in a country very famous, with visitors digging up gardens, etc, looking for gold!
    I don't personally see any merit in it. but, that's just my opinion.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

May 20, 2006, 11:24 AM
    I believe this may be an economics question more than anything and one I doubt most actors could answer. The film industry (a business) caters to some portion of the audience (all of us on the planet) with the hope of making a financially successful movie... as it should... it is a business. Sure, the industry is bound by some decency guidelines, the particulars of which I am sure could be researched.

In the meantime, I have a hunch we get these kind of movies is because they make the bucks.

I have another smaller hunch that the reason so many of the audience are willing to spend their bucks that way is the topic is pertinent to them.

I have an ever so slight and certainly not very defendable sense that this indicates changes are taking place in our collective conscience about spirituality. And not surprisingly, I see other not-exactly-scientific evidence of that very thing in other places too.

And the knee bone is connected to the thigh bone! :D

So it would make sense to vote with dollars here. Just don't complain if and when you are outvoted? That would be spiritually immature, I think :p

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Geopathic Stress V Spiritual Growth [ 5 Answers ]

In Neolithic times our ancestors used good and bad aspects of the planet to Change the balance of their bodies. In order for us to be human and work in balance with the universe we need to use both physical as well as spiritual energy, or our electrical being. I have found that a long time ago...

View more questions Search