Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    It_Is_Him7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2008, 09:00 AM
    Ponders on the tattoo fad
    Hey there,

My name is Derrick. I have been gathering ideas lately for a tattoo I'd like to have. I am almost certain I know where it would go, and I know for a fact that it would be Jesus based. I have finally fallen into the new fad of Christian tattoos, and feel as if it would be a memorable expression of both faith and of myself to obtain one.

But, I do have some questions I don't exactly know where to go to for. Alas, I came across this site, so I will get to the point.

With a tattoo, how creative and how willing are the artists in sketching their idea for a tattoo idea you present them with? In other words, are they willing to be creative, or do they just tattoo you with a provided picture? Also, what is the average price for medium size tattoos, or is that a broad question? ; ].

I would like something of a cross, but instead of it just being the typical squared cross, I want something to look like it is embedded within my body, to illustrate the seal God has set upon my heart. Would that be enough information?

I appreciate you for reading this, whoever this is, and ask that you have a great day.

God bless!

Derrick.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2008, 07:01 PM

Almost every tattoo artist will draw you something from "scratch", for an extra fee of course. That is how they make most of their money, from being artistic. For the most part, only apprentices will use templates until they are comfortable with drawing their own designs.

If you like, you can provide a picture to give them a general idea of what you want, but tell them to personalize it how you would like it.

Price is a broad question. :) Some tattoo artists charge by the time it takes them to put the tattoo on you (and don't forget, they will charge you for the design as well), and some tattoo artist charge you by the size of the tattoo. The only way to get an accurate answer would be to present your idea and the size you would like it to be to a tattoo artist, and see what he/she has to say.

As far as your idea for your cross.. try to give as much information as possible, and even take in a picture or a drawing of yours so they artist gets the idea. Remember, its your tattoo and will be on you forever, so you want to make sure the artist knows exactly what you want.

Good luck! :)
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Oct 5, 2008, 04:59 PM

Any good artist will work with you on your tattoo and that is the key. There are a lot of shops out there that work on the "You pick it I stick it." mentality and just want to get you in and get you out. You have to keep in mind that the image you see in your head may not be the same they see... be as specific as you can and do not be afraid to reject any sketch you are not 100% happy with. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I get a tattoo? [ 8 Answers ]

I know I'm to young to be asking this but... when I get older and my dog dies I'm thinking about getting a tattoo of my dog on my back but it won't be huge or anything! Im just asking your oppion should I do it when I'm older? I love my dog so much and I think that would be a cool way of showing...

Tattoo [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering could anyone help me, I am getting a tattoo and I want it in either Latin or Irish and was wondering could anyone help with it. Thanks very much "life's a voyage that's homeward bound"

Does any one at the age of 17 have a tattoo [ 7 Answers ]

I am 17 and I got a tattoo a couple weeks ago(yes it was legal) I just want to know how many other 17yo have a tattoo also

Tattoo ink [ 1 Answers ]

Hi can you please tell me if I am better off using the white tattoo ink before I use the black so it comes out white and not a grayish colour thanks

Tattoo is art right? [ 9 Answers ]

:o helooo, I'm deciding on getting a tattoo which will be my first ! I'm really nervous but really want one? Am finkin of one on my foot, lower back or above my nicker line got any ideas tha would be nice?? I lyk Katie Price's on her back and on her foot if any one can help wif images well...

View more questions Search