Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LisaCat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2008, 04:43 AM
    Can we get married in a Catholic church?
    I got married in Las Vegas 8 years ago and then converted to Catholicism. Since then my husband and I have got divorced. I am now planning on getting married again, to a Methodist. Can we get married in a Catholic church? Or do we have to marry in a Methodist church?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2008, 05:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaCat View Post
    I got married in Las Vegas 8 years ago and then converted to Catholicism. Since then my husband and I have got divorced. I am now planning on getting married again, to a Methodist. Can we get married in a Catholic church? Or do we have to marry in a Methodist church?

Was your first marriage recognized by the Catholic Church? Did you ever marry that person in a Catholic ceremony?

If your LV ceremony was a civil ceremony and never followed by a Church ceremony you have not been married in the eyes of the Church and so, yes, you could be married in a Catholic church.

You have to talk to a Priest, of course.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Catholic Church And Eating Meat On Friday [ 164 Answers ]

My question is this---- At one time, eating meat on Friday was a mortal sin. Mortal sin was defined as sin that would land a person in hell. Hell was defined as a place of eternal punishment. Then eating meat on Friday was no longer a mortal sin. Within one week, a sin that resulted in...

Could the Catholic Church be EVIL? [ 103 Answers ]

Priest faces trial in nun’s stabbing death Body of 71-year-old victim was found under altar cloth 26 years ago Reuters Updated: 10:35 a.m. ET April 15, 2006 TOLEDO, Ohio - A 68-year-old Catholic priest goes on trial Monday in the stabbing death of a nun whose body was found covered by an...

Communion in Catholic Church [ 1 Answers ]

My grandmother have moved from Greece to live with me. She has always attended the Church of Greece. Can she receive communion in a catholic church?

Non-Church Catholic Wedding [ 5 Answers ]

Does the Catholic Church have a hard and fast position on non-church weddings (for example, an intimate, personal wedding ceremony in a quiet courtyard), or is it left to the discretion of the diocese/parish/priest performing the sacrament?

Dark Ages,Catholic Church [ 2 Answers ]

Why was it called dark ages and was the catholic church behind the dark ages ? I have been reading a lot of books on the subject of the conspicary of the catholic church covering up about Jesus and that Jesus was married and had children,The nights templar guarded this secret.The Masons was...

View more questions Search