Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnmt Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2008, 02:33 AM
    Repainting an inground pool
    What type of paint do you use to paint an inground pool.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2008, 05:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by johnmt View Post
    What type of paint do you use to paint an inground pool.

It has to be acid washed (and rinsed) first and then there are several types of paint - they used Aqua Coating, something like that, available at the pool store.

As I recall there are paints that seal and color or just color.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 24, 2008, 06:43 AM

John, Judy is correct but here's a little trick that helps a new DIYer. When not sure about a project get 3 bids from pros. Talk to them about materials and technique. When they leave you know what products the pros would use. Who knows, you may rethink the project and give the bid to one of the folks who came out, like many things it all comes down to the money.
    albinfla Posts: 310, Reputation: 35

Sep 24, 2008, 05:00 PM

Both guys are right that responded. It is not really a do-it-yourselfer kind of job. It is a dangerous project working with acid. You absolutely must have the proper safety gear. Surface prep is just as important as the type of paint used.

I think we all assumed it is a concrete pool. Is this correct?
    johnmt Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2008, 02:27 AM

I wanted to paint above the water line where I have resealed with a white silicon seleant
    albinfla Posts: 310, Reputation: 35

Sep 25, 2008, 08:45 AM

John,
    Please give us some more detail. I am concerned about the paint sticking to silicone. If you have pictures, it may help. What did you seal with the silicone?
    Al

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

After cement patch, can I paint inground pool walls and not use a pool liner [ 1 Answers ]

Existing pool liner has come off (bought home with pool as is) cement patches needed. I want to just paint the cement and fill the pool. Is that doable, or do I need the pool liner.

Repainting inground pool [ 1 Answers ]

We bought our house with an inground pool that is approxiamently 25-30 yrs old. It is an old sylvan plaster pool. The couple that lived here before us told us that they repainted the pool every year with Sears exterior latex paint. Has anyone ever done this or heard of anything like this? Is it...

Pool repainting [ 1 Answers ]

My pool is 21 years old and has brown spots on it. I do not have the money to replaster. Is Zeron Epoxy a good product to use to repaint it?

View more questions Search