Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cool2k7 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2008, 08:50 PM
    H1 tranfer without pay stubs
    I work full time for a company A in India. Recently, I had an offer from a company B in the US, for a consulting position, which I accepted. Company B filed for my H1B visa, and it got approved. I have scheduled an appointment at the consulate in Bombay for stamping. Now, when I tried to resign from my current company A in India, they coaxed me into not leaving. They [Company A bosses] now want to file for an H1B transfer and want to send me to their USA office. But my question is: Since am still in India, and have not started working for Company B on whose name the petition was approved, I do not have pay stubs. Is it possible for me to still get H1B transferred to Company A? If so, how? Also, if I go for the scheduled appointment which is 2 weeks from now, and meanwhile my H1B transfer gets approved, what do I do? Can I enter the US with the following: company B's 797 approval and the corresponding stamp on my passport, but with a new H1B transfer approval letter, in the name of firm A? Or should I cancel the appointment for stamping, wait for H1B transfer approval filed by company A [if it's possible to transfer], and then schedule a new appointment for stamping
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Sep 23, 2008, 10:05 PM

You cannot file H-1B transfer since you have not started working yet and most of all you're still in India!!

You make a decision.. which company you want to work for and start from there. Choose one !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Having to esitmate taxes from pay stubs. No W-2! [ 1 Answers ]

My former employers closed their business 12/31/2007. During 2007 my fellow employees and I received pay checks with stubs indicating proper taxes were deducted. It is now March 2008 and we (the employees) have still not received our W-2's. I have tried to contact my former employers by every means...

Pay Stubs / Hours worked [ 6 Answers ]

My son works for a small class C corporation in Virginia. For the past three years all he receives is his weekly paycheck no stub giving the deductions held back by the employer. In fact he was told that because the company is so small they are not required to give pay stubs. My understanding...

Pay stubs [ 1 Answers ]

Hello: We are currently working on H1b visa with a small start-up company in Houston. However, we do not receive pay stubs for every month. The company issues us personal checks. However we are planning to get our visa stamped, and would need pay stubs as proof of employment. Is there any method...

View more questions Search