Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sandraisonfire Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2008, 10:56 AM
    Sex 1 week after an abortion and the condom broke.
    I recently had an abortion and the bleeding only lasted that day and it was very light. I took the antibiotics they gave me and started the pill on the Sunday after the abortion --2 days later. A week to the day later I had sex and used a condom--2 actually, because we thought the first one was going to break.. and sure enough. The second one broke upon ejaculation-
    What are the chances that I could get pregnant again?
    Taking into consideration I started the pill but was only on it for a week, while taking the antibiotics. Am I more or less fertile after the abortion?
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2008, 11:51 AM
    Hey Sandra... yes, you could get pregnant. I am not an expert, but it is my understanding that you are more fertile just after an abortion. Also, doctors warn to use condoms during the first month on the pill - so I assume that it is not always effective while your body is adjusting.

Also, remember that antibiotics lessen the effectiveness of the pill.

Of course, you could also be fine. :)

Sep 23, 2008, 11:54 AM
    Thanks, it's a weird situation because I have been on the pill for about 3 years but rearly used a condom with my boyfriend of 2 years then one day I got pregnant and did have an abortion.
    I used a condom after the abortion the first and only time we had sex and that's what happened.. I don't know whether to see it as a sign or bad luck haha.
    Thanks for the reply
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2008, 12:02 PM

Was it expained to you to wait 2 weeks before having sex and it safer to wait after check-up. Regardless of you taking the medicine your insides needed to heal that why your not suppose to take a bath, douch, have sex, use tampons or have anything inside your vagina.

Yes, you can get pregnant and time will tell. I hope that your not so you won't have to go through that again.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2008, 12:36 PM

I am going to be totally insensitive. So you killed one baby and did not learn your lesson. Anytime you have sex there is a chance of getting pregnant. Murdering an innocent child is not a form of birth control.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 23, 2008, 12:42 PM

Everyone, no judgement please. If you want to discuss abortion then start your own thread.

OP, yes you could get pregnant again. Not only because you just had an abortion, and just started the pill, but also because of the antibiotics which will make the pill less effective.

Unfortunately we cannot tell you whether you are pregnant, you'll have to wait and see.

Good luck.
    lighterbetter Posts: 2, Reputation: -1

Sep 23, 2008, 12:59 PM
    450donn didnt post anything positive either, so why haven't you erased HIS comment? I'm sick of you too!
    Pets Expert

Sep 23, 2008, 12:59 PM

I don't have the power to remove your comments, that is being done by the administrators and moderators because you aren't following the rules.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 23, 2008, 01:00 PM
    Bye Bye Mr/Ms Troll

Sep 23, 2008, 01:22 PM
    Is it fun for people to sit on the internet and bash other peoples lives
    You know, I understand that people have their own opinions but why butt in someone else's life and say your opinion, if it doesn't matter and you have nothing nice to say don't say it at all
    I posted to question to see if anyone else was in the same situation and if anyone knew any stats about the situation
    You I had an abortion, no I am not proud of it. But I am also a 19 year old girl that would not be able to support a child. My boyfriend and I DID take all the percausions we even took the morning after pill after the time we had unpertected sex-- while I was on the pill for 3 years-- and happens.
    At least I didn't have an abortion and then go out and have sex un pertected again
    Or just say it to the first condom we wore but thought it was going to break
    So screw off anyone that has any negative hurtful responses to my question, because one day when you are stressed and worried about something going on in your life, I hope some jerk off is right beside you making you feel like .
    Pets Expert

Sep 23, 2008, 01:29 PM

Sandra, don't let what other people say bother you. It's your body and your decision.

It's unfortunate but abortion is a very touchy subject with many differing opinions. Just skip the posts with negative advice, go to the posts that offer good advice without judgement.

The good thing about sites like this is that you get many different points of view, many different opinions, that's also the bad thing. As the OP it's your right to disregard those opinions that don't give you the advice you are seeking.

Don't let it bother you. Okay? :)
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2008, 02:59 PM
    You can get pregnant as soon as two weeks after an abortion! Your body normally will go back to it's regular cycle, and release an egg (ovulation) at 2 weeks post-ab.

The only reason I ask if you was told about the 2 week rule is because your cevix are open after an abortion.It takes two weeks or longer after an abortion for your cervix to close. Once your cervix has returned to it's normal 'closed' state,then it is safe for you to swim, take a bath, have intercourse, etc. When your cervix is still 'open', there is a chance that bacteria can get up into your uterus, and cause painful and possibly damaging infections.

If the clinic didn't tell you about the two week rule they need to be reported. Most sure you have your check-up with your ob gyn doctor. It's your choice and body so you don't have to defend yourself but take care of yourself and in 2 weeks take an hpt test and talk to your gyn doctor.
    madmaddy21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2012, 04:09 PM
    I had to kill my baby for I'm only 15 :( hardest thing I've ever had to do. Seriously stop picking on people just cause they had an abortion and had sex again, it's their choice so back off them
    Pets Expert

Apr 18, 2012, 04:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by madmaddy21 View Post
    I had to kill my baby for im only 15 :( hardest thing i've ever had to do. seriously stop picking on people just cause they had an abortion and had sex again, its their choice so back off them
    No one is picking on the OP for choosing abortion. But, if you have pregnancy after pregnancy, abortion after abortion, and you learn nothing from it, then people will comment on that, and it's their right to comment, just as it's your right to have an abortion.

You had to abort your baby because of your age, and it was the hardest thing you ever had to do. So I have to ask. Do you really want to have to go through that again? If not, then why continue having sex, especially at your age?

That's the point people are trying to make. No form of birth control is effective, but if you keep getting pregnant using only one form, and have to have one abortion after the other (which wasn't the case on this thread), then sooner or later you have to become smarter and realize that the form of birth control you're using, isn't working. Abortion isn't a form of birth control. It's supposed to be for an unplanned pregnancy, not so that you can keep being irresponsible.

You may not want to hear the truth, but it is the truth. I know it may sound harsh, but the truth often does. You're a perfect example. You've already had an abortion, but you learned nothing. You continue to have sex, which means that you'll likely have to have another abortion in the near future. That's very hard on your body, and you emotions. Wouldn't it be better to learn that sex = babies, and avoid sex until you're ready to have a child?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Water has been broke for a week [ 1 Answers ]

My water has been broke for a week. The landlord has tried to fix it but she will not call a licensed plumber. Do I legally have to pay full rent?

Pregnant 1 week after abortion? [ 1 Answers ]

I had some medical problems with my last pregnancy. They pretty much told me that due to some problems the baby wasn't going to survive. So we terminated the pregnancy. Well I had sex 3 days after my abortion. My husband had just came home from the marines on leave. I had sex for a week straight....

Condom broke, and I'm really scared. [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend of like 3 years and I are both sexually active with each other, alt. Off and on we use condoms. The condoms really irritate me alt, and it hurts when we do have sex. Recently we used a condom to be on the safe side. I'm 18 and I don't really want to have a baby right now, But the...

Pregnant one week after having abortion from precum? [ 12 Answers ]

Hi there, I can't sleep or think about anything else right now, am I pregnant? I had an abortion and one week after that I had sex w/ my boyfriend, he didn`t inside, but I wonder if I can get pregnant from pre , I`ve heard precum doesn`t have enough sperm to get a woman pregnant. I just don`t...

The condom broke. [ 5 Answers ]

Hey everyone. Last night me and my partner were having sex when the condom broke. Do you suggest I get the morning after pill? And if I do, I can't get it until tomorrow. Are there any other ways to prevent pregnancy? Also, I have a related question that I mght as well ask here too. I've...

View more questions Search