Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drosan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2009, 06:33 PM
    Don't use sharkbites to do an entire house, it will be very expensive. Rent the tool to crimp. A half inch shark bite will cost you at least 5 dollars a fitting. Just crimp it's the cheapest way to go and the best.
    hunter7593 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2011, 09:28 PM
    This is from the pex installation guide. Pex pipe should be anchored down every 32 inches on a horizontal run and every 4 foot on vertical runs. Here is a link to the manual. http://www.siouxchief.com/Resource_/ProductMedia/115/PEX%20Installation%20Guide%205-05.pdf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Repiping - Can I do it myself? [ 13 Answers ]

OK, thanks to everyone who responded to my questions about repiping my home. I have been thinking about it more and more and I am left wondering if I couldn't pull this off myself using PEX. A fair amount of the house is already copper, although all the major runs are galvanized steel. I have a...

Repiping my house [ 5 Answers ]

I need to repipe my Central Florida home. I have one plumber swearing by PEX pipe and another by CPVC. Which is better and why?

Repiping whole house [ 6 Answers ]

This forum has been such a tremendous help to me. Thanks everyone. When we purchased our home, built in 1933, we knew that the house was full of galvanized steel pipes and had budgeted for their replacement. We have been in the house new for about 4 months and have had no significant problems...

Slab leak repiping [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 40yr old house in central Texas with a slab leak under my kitchen cabnets. This leak is running out under my cabnits and were the brick sits on the slab it is bad there. I am thinking about repiping the house myself that way I will not have this problem again. The question I have is...

Repiping question [ 1 Answers ]

Have slab leak. Am laying out repiping plan. Is there a standard method for crossing electrical in the attic? In a wall? Can I run the pipes on the ceiling joists? Or do they need to be hung/attached some distance above them? Thanks

View more questions Search