Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    szewik Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2008, 06:50 AM
    Animated film about people living underground
    Hi I remember I saw this movie in 90s, it was about people who lived underground I think they were green, and boy and girl tried to get out from under the earth, during their journey they found subway, rat-people? And finally when they were outside they had to fight with giant snake. Does anyone know what's the title?
    teddy0bear Posts: 64, Reputation: 4

Nov 11, 2008, 10:29 PM

It bares some similarities to Starchaser: The Legend or Orin
    People live underground. Boy and girl try and get out from under earth. Not a subway but there was this really long titanium tunnel.
    I don't recall any snakes or rat-people but it has been a while since I've seen it.
    rawrkk16 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2009, 06:58 PM
    Okay I remember what you are talking about. I used to love that movie. I remember that it starts showing a town/village of some sort then zooms into the underground place where the people live (I don't remember their color either) and they eat mushrooms and that one or more of them get caught by the rats.
    I'm sorry but that's all. I thought that it was called search for paradise or something like that but I'm probably wrong.

When you find out will you please please please tell me? I've been trying incredibly hard to find it and I'm coming up with nothing.

Thanks.
    mollyoakley Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2009, 08:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by szewik View Post
    Hi I remember I saw this movie in 90s, it was about people who lived underground I think they were green, and boy and girl tried to get out from under the earth, during their journey they found subway, rat-people? and finally when they were outside they had to fight with giant snake. Does anyone know what's the title?
    Could it be Strit og Stumme (1987)?
    mollyoakley Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2009, 08:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rawrkk16 View Post
    Okay i remember what you are talking about. i used to love that movie. i remember that it starts off showing a town/village of some sort then zooms into the underground place where the people live (i don't remember their color either) and they eat mushrooms and that one or more of them get caught by the rats.
    I'm sorry but thats all. I thought that it was called search for paradise or something like that but i'm probably wrong.

When you find out will you please please please tell me? I've been trying incredibly hard to find it and i'm coming up with nothing.

thanks.
    The english version of the title is "Dreaming of Paradise" - check Amazon.
    rawrkk16 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2009, 03:13 PM
    Oh my. That could be it. Thank you so much ^-^
    I'm really excited lol.
    ladonna24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2009, 03:53 PM
    Many have never hear of the folklore involving "The Green Children Of Woolpit" This film sounds like a cheesy knockoff of the legend. I have been personally studying the Green Children of Woolpit and I too would like to know what the name of this movie is because along with the Green Children, I am trying to discover whether there are cities beneath our feet from which these children may have emerged during the 1200's.
    The lack of sunlight described by the young girl and their appetite for beans only may explain their discoloration, brought on by malnutrition and vitamin deficiency.
    I would like to know who made this film and from where their inspiration arose.
    Are there truly sickly people living beneath us?:D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the name of this animated film? [ 1 Answers ]

There is a movie I used to watch as a child (I am 21 now) and I think it is an anime style movie. It is about a girl and her friends and she finds out there is some kind of secret in her attic that her grand father won't tell her. The family, along with other families had to come (to where ever...

Name of animated film? [ 1 Answers ]

I am after the name of an animated film I watched in the late 80s/early 90s. I can't remember a lot about it but I know I loved it when I was a kid. I'll describe what I can recall and hopefully it will jog someone's memory. It was a fantasy film about an evil king. Everything at the start and...

Animated dog film [ 1 Answers ]

There was a movie I saw AGES ago that I've never found out the name of and I'm simply dying too. I only have a really really vague idea of it now. It was about two animated dogs trying to find there way home- they were wandering around for some reason I don't know. The part I remember distinctly...

View more questions Search