Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    figureitout Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2008, 08:20 PM
    Introducing new pet kitten to old pet bull dog
    Anyone know if there's a proper procedure for introducing a 10-week old kitten to a 5-year old, 80 pound, English bulldog? The bulldog's been a little snappy around puppies. Not sure how he'll react to a new kitten in the house.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2008, 08:54 PM

For at least a few days I would keep the kitty confined to a room. Maybe take the dog to the door and let them sniff each other from afar.

You could also try putting the kitten in a cage and sitting it in the living space with you (a few hours daily when your available to supervise) do that for a week or so and let them see each other from a safe distance dog.

Also when I gave the kitten free roam of the house I would make sure that I was on hand to supervise and conflicts. Whne unable to supervise one would have to be confined until I was sure that they could tolerate or ignore each other.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pit Bull Ban [ 56 Answers ]

What counties ban Pit Bulls in the State of Florida? Thanks for answering.:)

Will my older kitten ever be nice to my new kitten? [ 5 Answers ]

I have never had cats before. I adopted a male neutered kitten who is now 11 weeks old. Today, I adopted a 7 week old male neutered kitten, as a companion. I didn't realize the size difference would be so great until I got my new kitten home. 4lbs vs. 1.2lbs. My older cat seems to want to play, but...

Bull Dog [ 12 Answers ]

My Bull Dog has little pea size bumps all over her. Any one no what this could be is it common in Bull Breed? She also has cherry eye any one familure with this? My daughter brought her home from the barn where we board our horse, She was abussed and neglected.

Pit Bull Ban [ 12 Answers ]

I have a question regarding the Ban's on pit bulls in the US! Is there a list of citys and states that have a ban on Pit Bulls? I have a pit bull mix and she is my best friend and the best dog I have ever had! Were looking at moving some time in the near future and I will not live in a place where...

New Pit Bull won't eat [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I just rescued a beautiful Brindle Pit Bull. He is about 2 yrs old. I brought him home last night, he didn't eat then I thought because he was new to our family. He had been mistreated. Today he fits in like he has been here for years, playing with the kids wagging his tail and having a ball....

View more questions Search