Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2008, 06:28 PM
    Dogs tongue amputated.
    Here's a shocking and frightening about a dog toy (Pimple ball with bell) got stuck on a dogs tongue and he had to have his tongue amputated.The Chai Story
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 22, 2008, 11:13 PM

OMG! G, thanks for letting people know. I've never heard of Four Paws, but I will sure remember now! Niki thanks you Auntie G! ;)
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2008, 05:08 AM

Looks as though they have decided to recall some of their pet products.

pimple ball recall

Nikki with the big beautiful brown eyes is welcome!
    SweetDee Posts: 534, Reputation: 51

Sep 27, 2008, 01:36 PM

OMGOMGOMG!

Thanks for the heads up!
    Eileen1218 Posts: 145, Reputation: 8

Oct 5, 2008, 02:45 PM

I find it difficult that they would amputate his tongue intead of cutting the ball apart.
    Eileen1218 Posts: 145, Reputation: 8

Oct 20, 2008, 05:24 PM
    I KNOW the ball was removed but WHY did the dog's tongue have to be cut out?? :eek:
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 20, 2008, 06:34 PM

It tells you in the article. His tongue was inside the ball, and it created a vacuum effect. By the time the vets were able to remove the ball, all of the circulation in his tongue was cut off. His tongue swelled to the point where he could no longer put it in his mouth. The vets tried everything to help with the swelling and it didn't work, and the tongue basically died, making it critical for them to amputate.
    SweetDee Posts: 534, Reputation: 51

Oct 21, 2008, 03:17 AM

OMG! Can a dog bark w/out it's tongue properly? I know w/out a tongue humans struggle w/ words even the noise does come out of us.

It's sooooooooooooooo sad:(.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 21, 2008, 06:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetDee View Post
    OMG! Can a dog bark w/out it's tongue properly? I know w/out a tongue humans struggle w/ words even the noise does come out of us.

It's sooooooooooooooo sad:(.
    I know Dee, it really is very very sad. I was wondering about barking too, not to mention eating and drinking! :( I couldn't even imagine. I had to rush Niki to the emerg. Vet last Saturday in the middle of the night. Turns out she has a lung infection. I was absolutely terrified for her. I've hardly slept a wink since, although she seemed a little better lastnite. So, I can't even begin to fathom having something like this happen. I would probably never be able to sleep again, I'd be so worried and sad.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Tongue ring digging into my tongue. [ 5 Answers ]

So I got my tongue pierced about a month ago; It didn't hurt much but as soon as the swelling went down The top ball started digging into my tongue. I know you're supposed to change it to a shorter one After the swelling goes down so I did. But now I'm not sure if it's digging into the top of...

Tongue barbell sinking into tongue [ 11 Answers ]

I got my tongue pierced just over 2 days ago and the woman who pierced it used a relatively short barbell. I trusted her judgement because she said she had been doing piercings for many years. I was happy that I could eat and talk pretty easily but the next morning it began to swell. Now, the top...

Where can I find tongue spacers so I don't always have to wear a flashy tongue ring? [ 9 Answers ]

I love my tongue ring but I don't always want to wear and I have to work where I can't have tongue ring. Does anyone know any common stores that have them. Because I can't find them.

Tongue Piercing, white tongue, ulcer spot? [ 3 Answers ]

Pierced it 5 days ago. Situated in front of the pierced hole, there is what appears to be an 'ulcer' type looking spot. Can anyone shed some light for me please?:(

Is your cat's toes amputated? [ 4 Answers ]

Can you tell me why you had your cat declawed? Front or all four, also?

View more questions Search