Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BertaK Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2008, 10:06 AM
    Swingline Stapler - how to refill
    Hi, I'm new to this. I have one of those heavy duty Swingline staplers and I'm having a big time problem trying to add more staples. Any tricks or suggestions? I'm assuming the silver square thing on the back needs to be unhooked somehow, but no go. Is there a release button somewhere I haven't found? HELP! I need to get more staples put in. This particular stapler can take 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" staples.

Thanks.
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Sep 22, 2008, 10:11 AM
    Which stapler is it?

Swingline - staplers, paper punches, staples, staple cartridges and punch heads - Swingline.com

Sep 22, 2008, 10:15 AM

Put something embarrassing out there, and the darn thing gets figured out. I'm sure I'll have the same problem next time. Was only able to fit about 1/3 of the staple strip in for the thing to latch again. Maybe a bad spring??

Sep 22, 2008, 10:18 AM
    I finally found it... The Swingline 39 Heavy duty Stapler.

StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Sep 22, 2008, 11:10 AM

So did you get it to open?

Are you sure there aren't more staples jambed inside?
    ekholli Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2008, 11:19 AM

With the back of the stapler on your right, push down the silver square guard at the back and move it about 1/16th of an inch to the left, allowing it to pop up. Slide the assembly to the right and pull out entire spring assembly. Place staples on top of assembly and slide it back in to the left as far as it will go, gently press down and allow the silver square to return 1/16th of an inch to the right.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Slow refill [ 3 Answers ]

I have a duel flush toilet cistern when after flushing takes a long time to refill, how do I turn up the water flow? Thanks

Toilet will not refill [ 9 Answers ]

When you flush the toilet, the tank will not refill. Do we need to replace the part that is in there?

Refill My ink cartridges [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I would like to know how to refilll the ink cartridges for my Brother MFC-240C? I have a refill kit, but its not listed in the refill directions and have no idea where to make the hole. Any assistance would be great. Thanks Nike

Alignment and refill problems [ 6 Answers ]

The Elger touch up kit consisted of the toilet valve, plastic arm, chain, plastic control device Which is seated under the tank bolt on inside of toilet ,(Looks like a U), the tank bolts, and rubber ball which seats in opening after the flush to keep the water inside while the tank refills. I...

Air Conditioning Refill Port [ 3 Answers ]

Could anyone tell me exactly where the low side port of the air conditioning system is on a 1998 Lincoln Continental. I'd like to refill the unit myself.

View more questions Search