Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loupi01 Posts: 92, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2006, 05:13 PM
    Green Lee Slug O Buster Knockout
    Has anyone out there used this knockout to punch a hole in a 18 gauge stainless steel kitchen sink?

Thank you...
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

May 19, 2006, 02:26 AM
    I think you would be hard pressed to find an electrician with a need to make a hole in a sink. Need to check with a plumber.

Having a little fun at your expense:D .

The slugbuster works fine on stainless steel, we use stainless steel junction boxes, and other various electrical equipment in wet or corrosive locations and we always need to make knockouts for conduit entries.

Just take it slow, let the tool do the work.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 19, 2006, 05:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by loupi01
    Has anyone out there used this knockout to punch a hole in a 18 guage stainless steel kitchen sink?

thank you....
    When we make a 4 hole sink out of a 3 hole stainless steel sink we use a Greenlee Hole Punch,(see image).

. Drilling a Stainless Steel Sink For a Extra Hole:
    (1) Position the large chrome washer on your sink where you want to install it. Make certain there is enough room to fit.
    (2) Feel underneath the sink to make certain there is no obstruction that would prevent proper faucet installation.
    (3) Center-punch sink in the middle of large chrome washer.
    (4) Using a standard steel drill bit, drill a 1/2" hole.
    (5) A "Greenlee" hole punch, (see image) must be used to even out a drilled hole in a stainless steel sink and bring it up to the correct size.
    Good luck, Tom

loupi01
    New Member Join Date: Nov 2005

Slug O Buster

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Speedball1,

It worked just fine. I made a hole in my undermount sink for a air switch.
    Attached Images

loupi01 Posts: 92, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2006, 07:21 AM
    Thank you guys for your answers.

Tkrussell, Are those stainless steel junction boxes 18 gauge? I've never seen one, but again I have not been doing electrical as long as you and neither I do commercial work.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

May 19, 2006, 11:52 AM
    Most of the staineless steel enclosures we work with are thicker than 18 gauge.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Design of a vapor-liquid separator (or flash drum, or knockout drum) [ 2 Answers ]

A vapor-liquid separator drum is a vertical vessel into which a liquid and vapor mixture (or a flashing liquid) is fed and wherein the liquid is separated by gravity, falls to the bottom of the vessel, and is withdrawn. The vapor travels upward at a design velocity which minimizes the entrainment...

Green Hair! [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I've had blonde hair for 5 years and I decided to try dying it to a dark brown - bad idea. I should have not used permanent dye:mad: . At first it looked okay and I started to like it but now its fading to a green hue. I think I want to go back to blonde again. Can I try dying it back to the...

Green Arrows Age [ 1 Answers ]

How old is Oliver Queen(Green Arrow)?He was stuck on an island for 15 years and has an adult son.

From the queen of mean I am green [ 8 Answers ]

Hey ladies and gentle men(yes you men too) if you want to have great skin its called noxema and olay moisturizer. My grandmother has used noxema to clean her face since she was a teenager and uses olay after she washes. She has glowing, baby smooth skin and she gets asked out by the young men all...

Ode to Buster [ 3 Answers ]

Where does life start; When does life end? Perhaps, with a parent, spouse, or a friend. Some will walk with feet; while others on all fours. All will have a heart to support this loving cause. Our dog, Buster, took us through the thick and thin: Littleneck, Virginia, Michigan and back to...

View more questions Search