Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    walthedog Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2006, 03:14 PM
    Craftsman mower won't disengage
    I have a 2004 craftsman 18 hp LT1000 lawn tractor with a 42" mowing deck. For some reason the mower will not disengage when I release the handle. I can get it to work sometimes if I slap the handle out of the slot quickly or if I raise the deck all the way up and bump it a little. I have cleaned out any debris from around the pulley area and from around the small return spring. I even sprayed wd 40 under the pulleys and that helped a little. Any Ideas?
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2006, 07:57 PM
    Electric or manual release? Any warranty? Wd-40 is just a water displacer, and will of course attract more dirt. You'll see little pivot points under there, lube those.
    sbrown242701 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2007, 01:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by walthedog
    I have a 2004 craftsman 18 hp LT1000 lawn tractor with a 42" mowing deck. For some reason the mower will not disengage when I release the handle. I can get it to work sometimes if I slap the handle out of the slot quickly or if I raise the deck all the way up and bump it a little. I have cleaned out any debris from around the pulley area and from around the small return spring. I even sprayed wd 40 under the pulleys and that helped a little. Any Ideas?
    Mine does the same thing. Let me know what you find out
    elmerrn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2007, 07:27 AM
    I have the same problem.

I received an answer at:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/lawn-g...age-85596.html

Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman Riding Mower [ 6 Answers ]

I Have A Craftsman 11 Hp Riding Lawn Mower That Won't Even Crank.I Have A Good Battery Clean Posts,power To The Starter But When I Push Clutch In To Crank,nothing Happens.what Am I Doing Wrong?

Craftsman lawn mower [ 1 Answers ]

My father has purchased an old lawn mower for restoration. The model # is 1318430. He thinks it is a Craftsman. Anyone know where to find a picture or details.

Craftsman 11hp riding mower [ 5 Answers ]

I have a friend who has an old Craftsman 11hp riding mower and is having some problems. The ignition switch was broken and has been started with a screwdriver until it finally broke. I got a replacement switch today and installed it and now as soon as it is put in the "on" position the engine...

Craftsman 14.5 hp riding lawn mower [ 3 Answers ]

I bought it used it seemed OK,but now I have loss of power.I NOW have a brand new battery.What can I do to the engine or carburator to fix problem?How do I properly adjust carb?Should I overhaul the engine?I haven't found a rebuild kit for my B&S engine(14.5) Any help would be great.Somone told me...

Craftsman mower will not turn over [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 16 hp ridding mower model # 917-270670. All I hear is a clicking when I try to start the mower have replaced the battery and starter still will not start. Please anyone with any help I wouls appericated it. Thanks Mike

View more questions Search