Him: have to check my schedule
    Me: Ok..
    Him:
    it's not very full
    Me: lol
    Me: well let me know..
    Him: I will :)
    Me: k

Is he playing hard to get? Or trying to tell me to get lost?
    fjsmith81 Posts: 122, Reputation: 11

Sep 21, 2008, 11:17 PM

Uhm... it's hard to say. I don't think that guys really play hard to get. I think they generally just go with the flow. Us women sometimes, have a tendency to stop ourselves from being overanxious and that is where the hard to get thing comes into play. But, from just reading the conversation I don't think that he is that interested.
    But, there are a lot of variables. Did you call him? How long had it been since you two talked? How was the last date? You never know with these kinds of things. My advice don't call him again, you knocked and now it's his turn to answer the door (that sounded so corny, but you get what I mean)

Good luck
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Sep 21, 2008, 11:20 PM

This wasn't a call... it was via messenger.

The date was great, awkward since it was the first date, but great.
    fjsmith81 Posts: 122, Reputation: 11

Sep 21, 2008, 11:26 PM

I think that you are going to have to wait and see with this one. If he calls you, texts you or messages you about a second date then you have a green light, but if he doesn't do any of the above, well then you get the hint, right? You've already initiated, you don't want him thinking that you are desperate. Hell, and if he does call, you can trump him and say that you have to check your schedule and you will get back to him :)
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2008, 05:48 AM

I have to agree with fj.

This reminds me of that book he's just not that into you. When someone is really interested, they'll show it. You won't doubt it. There's something to be said for playing hard to get, but, at least looking at his messages as they were written, it's like he doesn't want to commit to anything now.

By the way, here's the message of that book: he's into you, but he's just not that into you. He's happy enough to keep you around or pull you along until he finds an option he likes better. Harsh, but there are a lot of people who do it. I hope it's not the case here, but it's a possibility to keep in mind to protect yourself.

Let him get back to YOU. You're a rock star anyway...
    Vision Expert

Sep 23, 2008, 01:34 AM

He did get back to me. We watched movies all night and cuddled... he left at 1am.

I think he's playing hard to get.
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2008, 07:09 AM

Good! Now he best treat you like a queen... ;)
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2008, 07:25 AM

Now you better play hard to get. Two can play that game!
    Vision Expert

Sep 23, 2008, 11:06 AM

Haha, thanks guys. I'm doing jut that... which isn't difficult when I have very little time to hang out in the first place and I really do have to check my schedule first.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What move should I make? Or should I even make one? [ 9 Answers ]

I am a high school student. I play on our girl's varsity basketball team, and I have a bit of an interest/crush on a guy from the guy's team. Our practice and game times are normally in tandem. I see him there and occaisonally in school. Recently, I admitted my interest to a friend, and she said,...

I cannot say whether we will make it [ 4 Answers ]

Trust is the no#1 problem with us, as well communication. We've been married for nearly five years, and we have separated twice. We are currently living in separate houses, but visit for conjugal purposes and more often to argue. I've gone through some really good therapy counseling, addressing...

How can I make my dog eat? [ 16 Answers ]

I have an almost 2 year old Great Pyrenees. Unfortunately, he's only 73 lbs. He's a very picky eater. Some days he'll eat all of his food. Some days he won't eat anything or he'll just pick at it. We've tried all types of foods. Dry, canned, mixed, with gravy. The only thing he does not have a...

What to make? [ 11 Answers ]

What are some great foods to feed to a two year old. My daughter is so picky that she won't eat hardly anything. Maybe you have some ideas

View more questions Search