Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fubsnyc1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2008, 10:22 PM
    CDL Permit Transfer
    I want to get my CDL permit in New York State, my school is in jacksonville Florida. Can I transfer my New York State CDL Permit to a Florida CDL permit? I'm currently in New York City and I need to get some things straight before I can go to school grounds and complete hands on training. Thinks you for your information.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2008, 02:30 PM

No, you cannot transfer the CDL permit from one state to another state. You must complete your training in the state where you received your permit.
    jasondbel Posts: 165, Reputation: -6

Dec 8, 2008, 02:22 PM
    Comment on twinkiedooter's post
    That's BS

Dec 8, 2008, 02:23 PM

As long as it is a hard copy permit you can go anywhere. However a permit expires and you will need to finish and pass the driving test before the expir. Or its no longer any good
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2008, 03:27 PM

You will have to take a road test in the state that issued your permit in. You cannot be licensed in another state unless you first have a permit from that state for training purposes. Makes no sense to get a permit in one state and then take a test in another state. It's relatively easy to obtain a permit in another state, you just have to pay their permit fee and take their written tests.

Dec 9, 2008, 05:18 PM

Twinkie is an idiot... as long as it is a hard copy you jack I've been driving trucks for 4 yrs now.

Dec 9, 2008, 05:19 PM

Your an idiot twinkie
    chefgusmia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2011, 08:41 PM
    Mr twinkie is right , he is an idiot if you are transferring to florida it will cost you $75.00 to transfer your permit an d$7.00 for each additional endorsement

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Residence permit. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I'm Australian citizen and about to get married to a greek guy here in greece. It would be possible if I'm running out of time waiting for the necessary papers here in greece. Can I stay in the country? Or I have to go back as of my 3 months visa is finishing this August. How I can obtain...

How to own fa without permit [ 3 Answers ]

I just want to have a collection of guns with no ammo would I need a permit?

Permit or No Permit Basement [ 6 Answers ]

I am building a basement, living room, bathroom, office. Nothing really complex, no loadbearing walls. I have a permit. My brother in-law is also building a basement with out a permit. I will have to pay more taxes when I am done, correct? What is the advangage of getting the permit.

Work permit [ 1 Answers ]

I'm augandan lad with an exceptional ability in football, but I,want to know the soccer credentials an african must have to join any European football team?

View more questions Search