Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    24nascar24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2008, 05:19 PM
    Price of bonds
    A company has $1,000 par value bonds outstanding at 8 percent interest. The bonds will mature in 25 years. Compute the current price of the bonds if the present yield to maturity is 7%.
    manik chand dey Posts: 63, Reputation: 2

Oct 3, 2008, 03:46 AM
    Par value is $1000
    Coupon rate is 8 % that is 8% on 1000= $80
    Maturity period is 25 years
    Yield to maturity is 7%, which is nothing but the interest rate by which the present values of all the future cash flows are equal to the bond's price.

Hence bond price is equal to

80*__1-1/(1+7%)^25________ + 1000*1/(1+7%)^25
    7%

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Price of Bonds [ 1 Answers ]

Castle issued bonds at face value at a yield to maturity of 7 percent. Now, with 8 years left until the maturity of the bonds, the company has run into hard times and the yield to maturity on the bonds has increased to 15 percent. What has happened to the price of the bond?

Price of bonds [ 1 Answers ]

How do I figure the current price of a bond with differing interest rates? I need the equation, no one seems able to give it to me.

Selling Price of Bonds.For the record, I HATE BONDS [ 3 Answers ]

General Toys, Inc. sold five year bonds having a face value of $100,000 and a coupon rate of 7% when the market rate was 9%. The present value of $1 at 9% for five periods is $0.6499. The present value of a $1 annuity for 5 periods at 9% is $3.8897. At what price did these bonds sell? I came up...

View more questions Search