Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    applehead2007 Posts: 43, Reputation: 2

Sep 21, 2008, 04:44 PM
    How should I approach credit companies about reducing my rates?
    Any suggestions about what to say to credit card companies about lowering interest rates? I pay on time but I am trying to pay them off and I refuse to go through a credit counseling company, as they hurt your credit scores.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 21, 2008, 04:55 PM

Well depends on what the rates are, but you can always ask them for lower rates, or try and shop around for cards with lower rates that you will move balances to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Risky Companies, lower target payout rate, gradual adjustment rates [ 7 Answers ]

Would you please help me to understand what this means. "Risky companies tend to have lower target payout ratios and more gradual Adjustment rates.” Thank you. Denise

Credit Repair companies or Credit Counseling companies [ 1 Answers ]

My question is... Can either of these help? I am considering using a company like Consumer Credit Counseling which claims to contact your accounts and arrange lower interest and lower payments and then lump all of your debt into one monthly payment. The lower payment would be very helpful at...

Companies that use equifax to determine credit [ 1 Answers ]

Which companies use Equifax?

Best way to negotiate rates w/ credit card companies? [ 4 Answers ]

A family member is loaning me $20K to pay off part of my $33K credit card debt. The loan will enable me to pay off the balances in full on two of the highest-interest rate cards, and part of the next highest-rate card. I'd love to just call the bastards up & close the accounts as soon as the...

View more questions Search