Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    petesinbad Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2008, 07:47 AM
    Reverse osmosis filter
    I have an RO system for drinking/ice cubes. I changed all the 4 filters 3 months ago and all of a sudden it stopped working. I was told I needed a new storage tank (3gal). MI replaced the tank and still no water. The filter is making water but its not filling the tank.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 21, 2008, 06:28 PM
    Bunch of questions before we start. How long after the filter change did the filter stop. Who told you a new tank was needed and what reason or evidence did they rely on to make that judgement? You said"The filter is making water but its not filling the tank" what evdience doi you have o this? Back to you
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Sep 21, 2008, 06:31 PM

It takes about 24 hours before you get first cup of filtrated water.

It appears your system is not connected correctly or you forgot to open one of the many valves in the system.
    albinfla Posts: 310, Reputation: 35

Sep 22, 2008, 01:01 AM

Are you sure that your membrane was sized for that system? It could be that all of the water is going to drain due to incorrect sizing. Or, you could received a bad membrane. If the membrane was on a supplier's shelf too long, it may have become defective.
    Or, it could be that you do not have enough water pressure to force the water through.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton bay ceiling fan, reverse blade w/ no reverse on remote [ 5 Answers ]

I just bought a house and 1 fan is in reverse. I can't find a switch on the fan and there's no reverse on the remote. This is a Hampton Bay fan. The remote says it's model: UC7083T. I also thought there must be a trick with the remote.

Reverse osmosis question [ 2 Answers ]

Is reverse osmosis water better for people and pets than a life source water filtration system.

Reverse osmosis for drinking vs. Fish tanks [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between reverse osmosis units sold for drinking water and units sold for saltwater fish tanks?

Reverse osmosis low pressure [ 3 Answers ]

I have an RO system under my kitchen sink that I use for drinking water and ice cubes. Recently changed all the filters and 1 month later I have virtually no pressure. Can't make ice or use for drinking... please help

Revers Osmosis Water Systems [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I would like to find a better alternative to the 5 gallon Ice Mountain water jugs that we use for drinking water. We would like to drink our tap water, but don't trust it. Do reverse osmosis filtration systems really work or is it just a scam? Thanks!

View more questions Search