Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    swcusic Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2006, 07:40 PM
    Does Texas law require 30 or 60 days notice to move out
    My daughter signed a one year lease due to expire on June 10th. She is moving to another state and gave notice on May 9th, which is 30 days. She was told that her contract said 60 days notice is required, so she would need to pay another 2 month's rent (approximately 1200.00). She has fulfilled her year contract and given 30 days notice. She does not have 1200.00 to pay them and is worried what the consequences will be, such as a bad mark on her credit report, harassment, bill collectors etc. Can you tell me what her rights are? Thanks
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

May 18, 2006, 04:24 AM
    I do not find that specifically addressed in Texas' Landlord Tenant Laws, so I would go by what it says in the Lease.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

May 18, 2006, 04:39 AM
    PS. I read here that leases may require 30, 60 or 90 days in Texas:
    Lease Information & Tenant/Management Issues: Adult, Graduate & Off Campus Student Services, Department of Student Life, TAMU

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

7 days late, spotting last 2 days [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My period is 7 days late today. The past couple of days I've been having cramps and I'm always sure my period has started but when I go to the bathroom there's nothing in my underware, just some brown smearing when I wipe. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 2 months... I tested...

It has been 37 days since move-out & still no deposit... HELP! [ 8 Answers ]

Long story short... (ha ha. There is no such thing in this situation :( ) My husband and I were leasing a home in Southern California from the homeowner's daughter (he was put into a rest home). Needless to say the lack of experience on both sides of the situation led to our landlord handing...

F1 in Oklahoma-OPT in Texas-H1B in Texas [ 7 Answers ]

Hello all!!!:) First at all, this is a great forum! I've been reading a lot of posts, and they are very very useful. Now I got a question for the tax experts and non-experts too:p!! This is my case: I was studying and working as a Teacher Assistant in Oklahoma from 08.26.02 to 03.06.05....

Small script require... Please help [ 2 Answers ]

I have a new accounts section, where each person has his own driectory on my website (e.g. www.blank.com/thepersonname). How do I make a box (lets call it "box1") where the person enters his user name in (e.g. "yoyoyo123" - again in "box1") and a button (lets call it "button1") that makes the...

Require Help With Maually Setting Up Cpu [ 2 Answers ]

HI, I'm a litlle lost with the whole bios aspect of computers and need guidance I recently bought s AMD ATHLON 2400+ (socket A) with my new motherboard ASUS A7V600-X (I have checked with manufactuers these components do work together(NORMALLY)) however in bios its settings are 1500, 2000, 2500,...

View more questions Search