Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2spotty Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2008, 06:10 AM
    Symptoms of Pregnancy and Then Started My Period
    I'm trying to figure out what's going on with me. Me and my boyfriend (who is currently living and working in another state) were together from 8/23 through 8/28. I started my period on 8/29 but it ended just three days later (my cycle usually lasts about 8-9 days). And it stopped abruptly on that 3rd day. On 9/9, I started having a clear, watery discharge. That lasted a couple of days and then on 9/11, I started spotting brown. There wasn't much, just a few spots and it was almost always brown with the exception of one day when it was slightly pinkish. I've been very bloated, have low back pain, dizziness, nausea (that comes and goes) and my nipples have enlarged and turned darker. Just yesterday (9/20), I began having more bleeding and it was red. This morning when I got up I felt sick to my stomach and I was having bleeding more like a period. I have taken two pregnancy tests (urine) and both were negative. I just thought it was probably too early for those since I hadn't even started a period. How can I be having all these symptoms of pregancy and then start my period?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2008, 06:17 AM
    Some women do have a bit of bleeding in early pregnancy. Could be your period was just off and you are fighting a bug, could be you were pregnant and have had an early loss, could be you are still pregnant but the test hasn't shown a positive yet.
    Since you are not feeling well, you may want to see your doctor and also inquire about having a pregnancy test done there, or even better, see if they will send you for a blood test.
    2spotty Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2008, 06:32 AM
    I did call my doctor last week and have an appt scheduled for this Wednesday. I'll be anxious to find out what they say. When I saw the bleeding this morning, I assumed that it meant I definitely wasn't pregnant but I guess that's not necessarily true.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnancy? Are there really symptoms before missed period? [ 10 Answers ]

My husband and I have two children, we've been married 12 years and both were planned. I have always wondered if people really had symptoms before they had even missed a period. However I have had really sore and swollen breasts for a week now and my period is not due until 9 more days. I have...

Late period, pregnancy symptoms [ 1 Answers ]

I just got my period but it was late. I got it on the 36th day from the last time my period started. I have been have a few symptoms and being pregnant. About a week to a week and a half I took 2 home pregnancy tests and they were negative. Could I still be pregnant?:confused:

Negative HPT, no period, pregnancy symptoms [ 3 Answers ]

I have taken 2 pregnancy tests, both negative. I have a 30-35 day cycle, I am on day 38, no period. I am totally exhusted, I have felt sick for the past two mornings, I am bloated, and I just about lost my breakfast this morning when I gave my dog a greenie from the smell, and I have never gotten...

I need an answer, why do I have the symptoms of Pregnancy.I had my period [ 3 Answers ]

I was just wondering if anybody could help me out. I had my period yet I (think) have symptoms of pregnancy, of course I wouldn't really know since I have never been. I am just worried because I have not been feeling well lately and I have never felt like this. I don't want to go to a doctor and...

View more questions Search