Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2008, 06:08 AM
    Biden to "excuse himself".Hillary to be named.
    Has anyone else seen this rumor?":

snopes.com: Joe Biden Stepping Down for Hillary Clinton
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Sep 21, 2008, 07:01 AM
    Rumor, nothing but rumor.

The Republicans are pulling all stops out, I see...
    Is there panic in their ranks??

:rolleyes:

excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2008, 07:23 AM
    Hello Rick:

It ain't going to happen. It would be an admission by the Dems that Sarah Palin appeals to the same women that Hillary appeals to. That just isn't so. It's what the Republicans HOPE is so. That's why they chose her, but it ain't. Or at least that's what they SAID. The fact is, she appeals to the right wing base, and the right wing are NOT Hillary supporters.

In addition, a move such as that would be viewed as a losers ploy - sort of like a hail Mary pass - sort of like what McCain did in choosing Palin in the first place. And, he did it BECAUSE he's losing. It was strictly a political ploy too. It has NOTHING to do with "country first". It has to do with McCain first. But, I digress.

Obama is winning. He doesn't need a hail Mary. All he has to do is NOT make a mistake. McCain is self destructing. If our recent crisis would have been about security instead of the economy, McCain would have been ahead.

excon
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Sep 21, 2008, 08:08 AM
    I agree, it is only a rumor.

First of all, Hillary and Obama can't get along.

Second, Obama can't admit what a political mistake it was to choose Biden over Hillary.

Third, neither Hillary nor Obama are willing to play 2nd fiddle to the other.

Ain't going to happen.

Elliot
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2008, 03:39 AM

I mentioned that rumor in this posting :
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/politi...on-261022.html

Bobby said I was on some kind of narcotics.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Sep 22, 2008, 07:04 PM

Bill Clinton shot the rumor down today on The View. People that start rumors like this (or perpetuate such rumors) are so far from reality they have to be in an altered state.
    lndianskin1 Posts: 24, Reputation: 0

Sep 23, 2008, 01:19 AM
    Rumor

I seen it brought up on CNN one day, but the reporter knew it wasn't true. She just trying to show that the parties are starting to play dirty. It was a report that was taken out of context.
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2008, 06:18 AM

I got this e-mail today (will not vouch for accuracy or source) :

Let me share some info with you that I have gotten from excellent sources within the DNC:
    On or about October 5 Biden will excuse himself from the ticket, citing health problems, and he will be replaced by Hillary. This is timed to occur after the VP debate on 10/2. [This will avoid Hillary having to bear an hour of unflattering side-by-side comparison to Sarah Palin.]
    There have been talks all weekend about how to proceed with this info. Generally, the feeling is that we should all get it out there to as many blog sites and personal email lists as is possible. I have already seen a few short blurbs about this - the "health problem" cited in those articles was an aneurysm. Probably many of you have heard the same rumblings.
    However, at this point, with this inside info from the DNC, it looks like this Obama strategy will be a go.
    Therefore, it seems that the best strategy is to get out in front of this Obama maneuver, spell it out in detail, and thereby expose it for the grand manipulation that it is.
    So, let's start mixing this one up and cut the Obamites off at the pass - send this info out to as many people as you can - post it on websites and blogs - etc etc
    Lastly, I have put an excerpt from Rudy Giuliani's speech at the 2008 RNC below - it seems to address this very issue: "Well, I'll tell you, if I were Joe Biden, I'd want to get that VEEP thing in writing!!! " (How Prophetic)

Question: Does this maneuver fall under the category of

Change! Change we can believe in!
    Change we can hardly believe!
    Change - because Sarah's whipping my !
    Change - because picking that Old White Lifelong Liar Guy was a boneheaded blunder!
    All of the above?
    So is this the traditional "October Surprise"? I can just imagine what deals the Clintons are getting - in writing - to go along with this scam! At least her campaign debt will be paid off, - probably with a bonus. Probably Bill gets to be SecState after all. Maybe Chelsea gets to fill Hillary's Senate seat. The possibilities are mind-boggling!
    But given what happens to the friends of the Clintons, - Obama should ask for a lot more Secret Service protection!
    Ain't Democracy fun!?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2008, 06:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Question: Does this maneuver fall under the category of

Change! Change we can believe in!
    Change we can hardly believe!
    Change - because Sarah’s whipping my !
    Change - because picking that Old White Lifelong Liar Guy was a boneheaded blunder!
    All of the above?
    Hello again, tom:

C: This rumor/"maneuver", falls into the category of Republican hope.

excon
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2008, 06:45 AM
    send this info out to as many people as you can - post it on websites and blogs
    That should be your cue that it's a load of crap. I mean c'mon "forward this to all your friends"?? Geez.
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2008, 06:54 AM

Like I said ;I did not vouch for accuracy or source. But I do vouch for the person who sent it to me.
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2008, 06:55 AM

Biden has messed up again. One of Obama's commercials mocking McCain was, in Biden's opinion "Terrible".

... but after a [no doubt] butt chewing by O. he changed his story:
    The Associated Press: Biden says ad mocking McCain is 'terrible'

It would not surprise me at all, based on all the evidence (and certainly not foremost the Hillary rumor) to see Obama's running mate change for whatever reason.

... not predicting it - just saying in advance that I would not be surprised :)
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Sep 23, 2008, 07:51 AM

Wasn't it Rudy Giuliani who suggested at the RNC that Biden get that whole VP thing in writing because Obama has never taken a position he didn't change? Maybe his joke will turn out to be prophetic.

Elliot
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2008, 08:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ETWolverine View Post
    ... because Obama has never taken a position he didn't change?
    Can't the same be said for McCain? Why yes, yes it can.
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2008, 11:02 AM

Interesting . The Politico points out that Obama and Biden have had a couple of public disagreements in the last week.
    Obama may scale back promises - Mike Allen - Politico.com

Obama was interviewed by Lauer on Monday in Green Bay, Wis.

The Democrat attacked Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) for initially opposing the federal government's intervention to save insurance giant AIG.

"I think what has been clear during this entire past 10 days is John McCain has not had clarity and a grasp on the situation," Obama said.

But Lauer pointed out that Obama's running mate, Sen. Joe Biden (D-Del.), had initially said the same thing -- on "Today," no less.

"I think that in that situation, I think Joe should have waited, as well," Obama said.
    And this :
    It's very rare for one ticket mate to publicly second-guess the other. But on the “CBS Evening News” on Monday, Biden had chastised his own campaign for a TV ad portraying McCain as a computer illiterate. Biden backed off his criticism of the ad in a statement the campaign released three hours later.
    Hmmmmmm .
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2008, 11:05 AM
    interesting . The Politico points out that Obama and Biden have had a couple of public disagreements in the last week. ...
    Joe Voter sees it too. Frankly I'm glad that O picked the bumbling and oft too honest Biden as his running mate. It will help the right side :)
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2008, 11:17 AM
    Speaking of Biden messing up again...

Biden garbles Depression history

Joe Biden's denunciation of his own campaign's ad to Katie Couric got so much attention last night that another odd note in the interview slipped by.

He was speaking about the role of the White House in a financial crisis.

"When the stock market crashed, Franklin Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the princes of greed," Biden told Couric. "He said, 'Look, here's what happened.'"

As Reason's Jesse Walker footnotes it: "And if you owned an experimental TV set in 1929, you would have seen him. And you would have said to yourself, 'Who is that guy? What happened to President Hoover?'"
    Maybe Hoover was in New Pennsylvania at the time?
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2008, 11:23 AM

Haha, and don't forget that his state was a slave state :)

... but hey, what do I know. Maybe it was and I just wasn't aware of that fact.

I've been wrong before. I did not know until a few years ago that Al Gore "took the initiative in creating the Internet" :)
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2008, 11:31 AM
    McCain invented the Blackberry! :D
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2008, 11:58 AM

No he didn't. I did! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who sings the song named "Deeper"? [ 3 Answers ]

There is a song that I think is named "Deeper". It was featured in the movie "About Schmidt" during the wedding scene. The movie stars Jack Nicholson. I've tried searching songs named "deeper", tried looking on the movies soundtrack and still I can't find out who sings that song. Help if you...

Frecnh Thinker named "Hello" [ 2 Answers ]

His first name was translated here,so I can't find him.It was something like "Ernest".The book I have was published in 1920 here,as a translation and its name would be translated as "Weird/strange stories". The first story is named "Louis",I believe,and it is about a greedy man,who deports his...

Forget Hillary care, what about School-Based "Health Care?" [ 37 Answers ]

Middle school in Maine to offer birth control pills, patches to pupils When I was in school about the only good school "health care" was for was a bandaid, an excuse to skip a class or a pan to puke in. What on earth (or in the constitution) gives public schools the right to prescribe drugs...

View more questions Search