I'm writing this in hopes that it will make everything all better
    But I know it won't
    See you'll never even get to read it
    Because this is just My Unsent Letter
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2008, 06:25 AM

Very touching, made me teary eyed.
    I'm not exactly sure of your realationship with your brother, but let him know you miss him and want to see him.
    GothGirl1771 Posts: 73, Reputation: 3

Sep 21, 2008, 09:15 AM

This was a beautiful painful poem... You have a gift... keep on writing! I'm so sorry that your brother moved... I can tell you really miss him.. :(
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2008, 01:10 AM
    Hi, rex123!

Excellent and moving thoughts in your poem!

Is there a reason that you can't express this sort of thing to your brother personally, verbally or in writing, please? I'm asking because there are those of us here who do care about others very strongly here and are always willing to help!

Thanks!
    rex123 Posts: 766, Reputation: 100

Sep 22, 2008, 02:23 AM

He doesn't even want to talk to me. See a coulpe weeks ago my parents kicked him and my other brother out. They are 20 and 19. And my 19 year old brother comes to the house quiet a bit so I get to see him, and he inderstands fully why they had to kick him out but my 20year old brother is still mad at them so he never comes over. I try to call him on his cellphone but he never picks up(he has caller ID and can see its me calling). Actually the day he left he told me he was leaving town and I would never see him again. How the hell could he say that? But I saw him later on in the day and he told me he was getting an apartment around here. That was a few weeks ago, and I probably talked to him once, it was over the phone,I said 2 words and he said 1.
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2008, 02:44 AM

I'm sorry that this kind of situation is happening for you rex123, and my heart goes out to you!

What you have written does have great meaning and potential impact.

Is there not any way that you would be able to send your brother your thoughts on paper? This could delivery by a friend or some other means.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2008, 03:08 AM

Okay, I can see that you're now logged off from this site, rex123.

Please know that I and many others really care what is going on in your life!

Please do continue to feel free to post your thoughts here about your frustrations and your feelings. Many times, I have found it beneficial to write about what I am feeling, even though it might not get sent anywhere or to anyone. You will receive lots of support here and excellent ideas about how to cope with what is happening!

When I have gotten some rest, I'm going to ask some people to join in on this thread whose advise that they give I'm sure that you're going to love!

Peace!
    rex123 Posts: 766, Reputation: 100

Sep 22, 2008, 11:04 AM
    Thank you very much Clough, I have quite a bit going on in my life my mom's sick with what some doctors believe is MS, my brothers were kicked out, and my father has a drinking problem(he doesn't drink every day, just a few times a week, but its enough at a time that I feel unsafe for my mother as well as my own safety. I don'T really know who to talk to about everything, I try to stay strong because I know my mom already has a lot to worry about. Plus when I do try to talk to her she sides with my father(whom don'T get me wrong I love with all my heart, but there's a difference between drunk dad and sobber dad). I've told my mom many times I wouldn't still be at our house if it wasn't for my dog Rex, he's the best thing that ever happened to me and I have him thanks to my brother(the one whom the poem is about). Rex is my sense of security and my mom knows that (because I've said it to her so many times that it must be drilled into her head), any time people in my house start to fight he comes to wherever I am and sits beside me. Even a few weeks ago when my parents started fighting with my brothers, as soon as the fighting started he ran down the hall to my brothers room where I was watching the simpsons and sat on my knee, he came as close as was posible, then when they started yelling really loud I went in my room and cranked the music, but when my dad told them to pack there stuff and get out, I started to cry and Rex licked my face and lifted his paw up on my shoulder and left it there.
    booklover Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2008, 09:04 PM
    Hi Rex. Your poem is so moving and it expresses so much of what you really feel.

Do you have your brother's email address? If he doesn't answer your calls, maybe he would give time to read your email. Who knows? Just put a really catchy subject.

And, keep writing poems! If you think you can express yourself better this way, keep doing it. You have the heart for it. You can write what you feel for your mom, for your dad, and even for your precious dog.

I know of so many people who started writing this way and eventually published their own poetry collection. They touch so many lives by the messages they give through their poems.

Take care! :)

Booklover

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Caught shoplifting, sent home and said would receive letter, what type of letter? [ 5 Answers ]

I was caught shoplifting and was sent home with a trespassin ticket, meaning icant enter the store for a year.. they said they would issue a letter to my mailing address? They said which is probably a fine? What happens next.. do I have to go to court? Keep in mind I am 20 (biggest mistake of my...

What do you think of my poem [ 8 Answers ]

I know where I am, I know where I'm going, I just hope I won't reep, This that I'm sewing, I know that'll Be there, I know that there, They'll care. I know it will be tough, And that I've had it rough,

Debt Validation Sworn Denial Letter Valid 30 Days After Demand Letter Michigan [ 9 Answers ]

Zwicker has sued me for alleged debt and I am representing myself in Michigan in court. The details are as follows. I have only received one demand letter from them dated December 26, 2006. The letter did not provide any information that is required by the Fair Debt Collections Act to dispute...

Small Claims Debt Validation Sworn Denial Letter Valid 30 Days After Demand Letter my [ 1 Answers ]

Zwicker has sued me for alleged debt and I am representing myself in Michigan in court. The details are as follows. I have only received one demand letter from them dated December 26, 2006. The letter did not provide any information that is required by the Fair Debt Collections Act to dispute...

Commitment letter given & contract of buy is signed, can denial letter make/break? [ 4 Answers ]

My parents "were" in the process of selling their home. The buyers had gotten approved for the loan and signed the contract to close on the house. They put down 1/2 of their down payment as one of two. The second payment would be transferred at closing. The shady buyers decided they...

View more questions Search