Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anja77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2008, 03:17 PM
    Will suboxone show up as an opiate on hair follicle test
    Hi - I have been on suboxone maintenance for over a year and a half and credit this medication as at least half the reason I have been able to stay clean. According to 12-step groups, if prescribed and taking it as prescribed, you are considered clean. My problem is that I need to take a hair follicle test to show that I have been clean for the last two years.

I know suboxone (or buprenorphine) does not show up on regular urine tests. To test for suboxone, they have to use a special test. I need to know if my hair follicle test will show opiate/opioid usage because I have been taking this. Please respond if you know the answer.

Thank you,
    Anja
    cleeener69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jan 25, 2009, 07:43 AM
    I'm happy to inform you it won't! How's that for an answer? How do I know. I've been trucking commercially for years. I have taken every type of drug test known to man. 5, 9 and even 10 panel drug screens and never once has suboxone come back on any of these test. I've taken to hair sample drug test before. The first time I was worried like you wouldn't believe. Even though I have a script for the meds I was still worried. Well to my surprise I came back clean. If you are ever given a 12 panel test though it will come back hot because they screen for buphenorine, which is in suboxone. That test is only given to Federal Agents like FBI, ATF, CIA, etc. Don't worry my friend, you're good. Listen to experience. Good luck and let me now how your test went. CLEEN
    trish5000 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2011, 02:09 PM
    If suboxone shows up in a test, on my hair. How far back will it show. if is ATF, CIA, or FBi the taking it. or are they the only ones that do this. Thank You
    moodypeace Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2012, 12:03 PM
    Hello I have a friend who has been court ordered to take a hair follicle test. He has silicon in his system. Does anyone know if this will show up been that it was official ordered so to speak?? Thanks for the help: )
    moodypeace Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2012, 12:07 PM
    Hello I have a friend who has been court ordered to take a hair follicle test. He has silicon in his system. Does anyone know if this will show up been that it was official ordered so to speak?? T
    Julio38 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2013, 08:46 AM
    No it does not show up on a 10 panel hair follicle drug screen. Passed with fling colors. Also passed a D.O.T. 5 panel drug screen.
    georgiagirl45 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2013, 07:57 PM
    I have been taking suboxone for 2 years now and had to go for a drug test for a job. This test was a hair follicle test. Does anyone know if this will show up? I am hoping it doesn't because I do not want them to know I am taking suboxone - I originally started taking it after a about with cancer to get off the oxycontin. Had a lot of pain from the chemo and started to like them oxy's a little too much. Also, about 4 or 5 days ago a friend of mine slipped me a Klonepan the yellow one and I took it. I don't normally take those but I have been stressed over job hunting - would that show on a hair test? I am hoping someone can help answer my questions so I don't have to worry for days in agony and anxiousness. Thank you
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2013, 09:49 AM
    The suboxone will definitely cause a positive. I am reading that Klonepan will show as an opiate. http://www.ezklean.com/drug-testing-information.htm

You are mixing two drugs which do not interact well with each other.

Didn't the testing facility ask you about prescriptions before testing you - thus covering the suboxone "positive' result?
    Woosh87 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2014, 07:51 PM
    I just took a ten panel hair follicle test and I can say that it DOES NOT show up on the test. The test does not test for buprenorphine at all and this is no joke, so if your wondering it will not show up. If you take a 12 panel test it will show up, thank you!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hair follicle test [ 5 Answers ]

Hair follicle test- I am currently trying to get another job and ii know they give hair follicle tests. I probably won't have to take the test for another two to three weeks. About three weeks ago I smoked marijuana with a friend. Just took a couple of pulls off a one-hitter. That is it. I...

Hair follicle test [ 2 Answers ]

I haven't smoked weed in 2 years but on Saturday I hit it 4 times and took 4 pill how could I pass with over the counter or any thing I can buy at a store I have to take a hair drug on Tuesday

Will suboxone show up in Ca probation drug test? [ 8 Answers ]

Hey, I'm fresh at the beginning of being on probation (PC 1000 program to be exact) and have to get tested drug tested twice a week. I was using oxy contin but now need to take suboxone in order to get completely off the oxy. My question is, if suboxone would show up on THEIR tests. Does anyone...

Does suboxone show on a drug test done by probation? -Fresno, Ca [ 15 Answers ]

I got a DUI from drinking and driving. I went to court 5 days ago and was put on formal probation and I have a meeting with a probation officer in two days. I'm contimplating telling him about being on Suboxone. I have been on it for over a year, but was only legaly prescribed it for the first...

Hair follicle test [ 1 Answers ]

If your hair has been chemically treated,can this affect a hair follicle drug test?

View more questions Search