Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coupon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2004, 10:32 PM
    Math Problem: Worker Efficiency
    Two employees are putting orders together for a distribution warehouse.

Warren picks 47 orders in 7 hours. The total number of pieces he picks is 538. The total number of locations on his orders is 415.

Preet picks 24 orders in 7.5 hours. The total number of pieces he picks is 1169. The total number of locations on his orders is 616.

Which employee is more efficient and why? Please show the work.

Thank-you, I am stuck with this one and need help.

Cheers,

Coupon
    eawoodall Posts: 230, Reputation: 5

Jun 21, 2005, 08:47 PM
    worker worker who likes which worker?
    same question: what do you consider efficient?

orders per hour?
    pieces per hour?
    locations per hour?
    orders times pieces per hour?
    orders times locations per hour?
    pieces times locations per hour?

or some other equation that you consider is efficient?
    what equation you use or decide upon will give you your answer.

Warren has 47 orders in 7 hours =6.7
    Preet has 24 orders in 7,5 hours =3.2
    so warren does more orders per hour.

Warren has 538 pieces per 7 hours =76.86
    Preet has 1168 pieces per 7.5 hours=155.73
    so Preet does more pieces per hour.

et cetera, i.e. the only question is what do you consider efficient?
    which of the 6 formulas I gave you are you using? Or are you using one of your own? I showed you exactly what the first two formulas result would be.

does you organization consider orders more important? i.e. make those who place orders happy (regional managers) over others? Or maybe pieces shipped because they want to please their supplier by buying more product (manufacturers)? Or maybe they care about more locations (store managers). Or maybe some combination of these or other things? Is it in the question or for you to decide what you think matters? You are not giving me enough information to answer your question, but I am giving you choices.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Could someone help with my math problem [ 3 Answers ]

Jim and Alice Lange, employees at Wal-Mart, have put themselves on a strict budget. Their goal at year’s end is to buy a boat for $15,000 in cash. Their budget includes the following: 40% food and lodging 20% entertainment 10% educational Jim earns $1,900 per month and Alice earns $2,400...

Math problem [ 10 Answers ]

The pasteurization temperature of milk by the High Temperature Short Time (HTST process is 161 Fahrenheit. What is this temperature in Centigrade? How do you work the problem and show all the work on paper.

Math problem [ 3 Answers ]

A restaurant sink compartment is 30" long and 24" wide. If filled to a depth of 12 inches, how many gallons are in the sink? I divided 35/171 my ans. Was 2.0467 and I rounded it to 2.05 GPG dosage. I'm sure it's wrong, but I don't know what I'm doing. How do you work the problem and show...

Math problem [ 3 Answers ]

A man walked 24,256 meters in two hours. How many miles per hour did he walk. How do you work the problem and show all the work on paper.

Math Problem: Worker Efficiency [ 3 Answers ]

Two employees are putting orders together for a distribution warehouse. Warren picks 47 orders in 7 hours. The total number of pieces he picks is 538. The total number of locations on his orders is 415. Preet picks 24 orders in 7.5 hours. The total number of pieces he picks is 1169. ...

View more questions Search