Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Legend of Fuzz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2006, 09:04 AM
    This is a tough one... 80's - early 90's TV show/movie
    OK

I saw this animated show/movie (can't remember which it was) on TV when I was really young. It couldn't have been before 1985. It involved a witch or sorcerer who had the ablity to turn people into stone. The villain hyponotized the young men of the village and used them to round up all the adults so he/she could turn the townspeople into stone, and ultimately used the stone bodies to build his/her castle.

I think the protagonists included a little boy, a talking cat and some other fantastical creature(s).

I remember one scene where one of the hypnotized young men (the older brother of the young hero) was forced to bring his parents to the villain to be turned to stone.

If anyone knows anything about this... pleassssee let me know... I remember really enjoying the music to it, and id like to find out what it was.
    rd68 Posts: 122, Reputation: 10

May 17, 2006, 09:49 AM
    I don't know what you was smoking back then but I never heard of or seen a program like that before.Was it an after school special or something.
    mercyofidiots Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2006, 01:36 PM
    It was one of the Unico movies.
    kk112 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2007, 02:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend of Fuzz
    OK

I saw this animated show/movie (can't remember which it was) on TV when I was really young. It couldn't have been before 1985. It involved a witch or sorcerer who had the ablity to turn people into stone. The villian hyponotized the young men of the village and used them to round up all the adults so he/she could turn the townspeople into stone, and ultimately used the stone bodies to build his/her castle.

I think the protagonists included a little boy, a talking cat and some other fantastical creature(s).

I remember one scene where one of the hypnotized young men (the older brother of the young hero) was forced to bring his parents to the villian to be turned to stone.

If anyone knows anything about this... pleassssee let me know... i remember really enjoying the music to it, and id like to find out what it was.
    Gargoyles?
    A Series of Tubes Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2007, 06:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend of Fuzz
    OK

I saw this animated show/movie (can't remember which it was) on TV when I was really young. It couldn't have been before 1985. It involved a witch or sorcerer who had the ablity to turn people into stone. The villian hyponotized the young men of the village and used them to round up all the adults so he/she could turn the townspeople into stone, and ultimately used the stone bodies to build his/her castle.

I remember one scene where one of the hypnotized young men (the older brother of the young hero) was forced to bring his parents to the villian to be turned to stone.

If anyone knows anything about this... pleassssee let me know... i remember really enjoying the music to it, and id like to find out what it was.
    I REMEMBER THIS. I found this site because I was searching for this movie, too! I've been trying to find this movie for almost ten years now. No one I've ever asked says it sounds familiar, and this is the FIRST thing I've ever seen on the internet about it. However, I remember it as being anime, and the main character being a girl. I also could have sworn there were two cats, one orange and one blue. I also picture the main villain as looking kind of like Mumm-Ra from Thundercats, and that the main character and friends were turned in to children's toys by the villain at one point, but I could be making all of this up and mixing it up with other movies.
    putznme Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2007, 10:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by A Series of Tubes
    I REMEMBER THIS. I found this site because I was searching for this movie, too! I've been trying to find this movie for almost ten years now. No one I've ever asked says it sounds familiar, and this is the FIRST thing I've ever seen on the internet about it. However, I remember it as being anime, and the main character being a girl. I also could have sworn there were two cats, one orange and one blue. I also picture the main villain as looking kind of like Mumm-Ra from Thundercats, and that the main character and friends were turned in to children's toys by the villain at one point, but I could be making all of this up and mixing it up with other movies.

I agree with everything above said until it gets to the cat part-I just don't remember the cats. However, I remember the movie too, I have also asked other people and no one ever remembers anything like that. I remember (I was pretty young, 5 or 6 maybe) the parents all being turned into something. I remember they looked like big gingerbread men/women when they got turned into stone. I remember one scene VERY clearly though out of the whole movie... The older boy/brother was sitting on the floor of a house when the evil villain came to question him or command him to turn over his parents. The older boy I remember wearing a red cape or something but he was FACING the villain when sitting... I remember that because he was hidding his sister, the heroine of the movie, behind him and his cape from the villain.
    I also don't know what the movie was called, but it didn't have anything to do with a unicorn from what I remember of it. And it was not gargoles because my mother never let me watch that. If anyone else knows of the title, let me know too! I also want to get it.
    A Series of Tubes Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2007, 04:29 PM
    I actually found it with mercyofidiots' help. I didn't remember anything about a unicorn, either, but it's definitely Unico in the Island of Magic. The description fits it perfectly. And reading more about the movie brought back a flood of memories, like the term "Living puppets," and the older brother's name being "Toby." Apparently the Disney Channel aired it in rotation in 1986, which confirms my memories of A, being four or five years old, and B, seeing it on a premium channel like HBO or the Disney Channel. It's out of print, but if you search for it, you can find an old VHS copy. I've already ordered mine.
    circestarw Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2007, 02:54 PM
    Possibly Unico in the Island of Magic?
    YouTube - Unico In the Island of Magic 9 of 10
    Lobolover Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2008, 05:25 PM
    IVE BEEN TRYING TO FIND A MOVIE LIKE THIS IN FOREVER.

Seriously,I only remember the final scene.The main villain,whose kindof like a vampire,don't know if really or not, turns people to stone,but at the end,his two (?) semi sympathethical henchemen find him under his red cloak,turned to stone.

And NO-IT IS NOT UNICO.
    moriarose Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2008, 02:59 PM
    I have been trying to figure this one out for myself for a VERY long time too- actually found this thread by searching for answers about what the title is. I really... Really don't think it's that unico thing. I do not remember a unicorn in it at all, and I went to look at pics of unico/etc and it doesn't look like even the same animation, but I could be wrong.

I remember the villan in this movie too- the one that was turning people into bricks and whatnot, and lived in the castle. He was so short, round (drawn like a circle with a small head and long pointy nose) and he (I think!) had a few pieces of long scraggely red hair. It was actually a little scary as a child.

I remember the other parts that they posted too. The cats, the kids, and the castle being way up high. This is driving me nuts and has been for years. I'd really love to know what this movie is. They used to play it on the disney channel so long ago.. in the 80s or 90s.

Anyone? :confused:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

80's... maybe EARLY 90's movie... [ 11 Answers ]

Okay, I'm looking for a movie that I remember back when I was little. I want to say it's an 80's movie. It was around the time The Last Unicorn came out. I think I remember seeing a preview for Kiko's Mail Service on the tape. Anyway its about a little girl who like goes to a place in the clouds. I...

Late 80's early 90's TV show [ 16 Answers ]

Trying to remember the name of a TV show from the late 80's or early 90's about a guy who fought crime in a black robotic looking suit... not batman... live action... drove a modified motorcycle. He had an African American buddy who whore classic sunglasses that flipped up... That's all I...

80's or 90's kids show or movie-Fantasy [ 20 Answers ]

This is driving me crazy because I can't find out if this a real show or a collaboration of show in my mind from when I was a kid. The main characters are a brother and sister or maybe just a girl that have this magic crystal that takes them to another "fantasy land" where they meet up with...

Late 80's early 90's Saturday morning TV show [ 7 Answers ]

I believe this show is from the late 80's or early 90's. It is about a father and daughter who found a "portal" to a prehistoric land. It aired on Saturday mornings. Any ideas ?

Help! Another children's 80's or early 90's movie [ 6 Answers ]

All I remember from this movie is that this girl used to go through the closet in her bedroom to another land. I can't remember what she had to do there, but there was an evil lady that ate cherries out of an enclosed glass case to stay youthful. Towards the end the case got knocked over and the...

View more questions Search