Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Loan_Guy Posts: 83, Reputation: 6

Sep 19, 2008, 05:13 PM
    Kenmore Series 90 doesn't work after burning smell
    Hi there,

I have a Kenmore Series 90 washer that stopped working at the end of the spin cycle. The clothes were spun out and the dial was on "off". There was a very heavy electrical type smell in the basement where the appliance is and the motor was very warm when I turned the unit on it's side and touched it. I suspect the motor got very hot.

I pulled the motor out and laid it on the floor and hooked up all the wires, but it does not spin. I had the capacitor checked and the repair guy ran 110 across it and it lit a bulb.

Here's the issue. I purchased a new motor and hooked it up on the floor. The water is off, so I don't know if it would fill, but I cannot get the motor to run no matter where the dial is set. I would think it should turn at some point just so I can tell it works before reinstalling.

Am I mistaken or doing something wrong? Any thoughts? I need help!

Thanks
    leoacrh Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2008, 05:48 PM

You might have a bad timer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore washer squealing and burning smell [ 2 Answers ]

Acouple of days ago my washer (Kenmore, 8 years+) blew it's drive coupler. I replaced it, but now after it runs for a minute or so it starts to squeal and emit a burning rubber smell.

Furnace very loud rumble in it's burning series [ 1 Answers ]

I have a furnace Beckett Model "afg" series oil burner that just started today very loud rumble when in it's burning series. If anybody knows the answer would appreciate the feedback as soon as can. Thanks

Burning Rubber Smell Kenmore 90 Series Washer [ 1 Answers ]

A burning rubber smell is coming from the washer when it is running. This is the first time this washser has done this. Could it be a bad motor? How can I begin troubleshooting this? Specifically, it is a Kenmore 90 Series Heavy Duty Super Capacity Plus Washer with Quiet Pack, whatever that is......

Burning smell [ 1 Answers ]

I woke up this morning to a burning smell coming from heat vents. I can't see anything burning and I changed out the filter already. It smells like plastic.

View more questions Search