Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    irishdad418 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2008, 02:31 PM
    Custody of daughter, mom walked out 6 months ago.
    Hello,
    My name is anonymous. My ex left me for another man 6 months ago, leaving my daughter with me, I missed 5 days of work trying to get my daughter into daycare, and finally did. After about a month she finally started taking her on the weekends, but she has never provided her own diapers or wipes. I even had to give her food for her and her new boyfriend and my daughter.

I don't know what the custody laws are, but she has no job, no car, and lives off other people, she did with me for 5 years. She lives 20 minutes away so I only drive one way on the weekends, but she is moving back to town soon.

My question is, when she moves back to town, what are the chances that courts would give her full custody after what she has done, and the fact that I live in a 3 bedroom home with my new girlfriend and her 2 kids, my daughter is happy and actually can't even sleep when at her real moms because she needs her new sister there with her. I have a good job we are not on welfare or anything.

If she were to try to custody, she has no way to support the girl she would have to live on welfare, she has no car to take her to appointments, or anything for that matter.

I have a very supportive family, daycare for the past 6 months me dropping her off and picking her up, I have brought her to all 5 doctors appointments alone these past 6 months. I have saved conversations and emails from her stating she can't afford food, and I have to send diapers and clothes, pillow, and blanket every time.

Also recently her new boyfriends parents have emailed me saying they would not even let her see her on weekends based on what they have seen. Her new boyfriend said this to me also early in there relationship.

I love my daughter, and her mother is in no way ready to raise a child, she still partys and drinks, keeps her up late when she has her, won't listan when I tell her she needs routine in her life...

My daughter is happy, and I want her to stay in my custody, at the very least until mom grows up, I have even thought about supervised visits. I have been the 100% financial support of her since she was born, mom has never worked, she relies on other people for money.

What are the laws like now, how do I go about making sure I keep custody, I was waiting because she has been civil but I heard dumours she is going to try and take custody when she moves and I know right now she could just not give her back and that's that.

Please any info would be very much appreciated, on custody laws, my rights as a father, her rights as a mother based on her walking out of our lives. She left avery with me because she said she needed to get her own life straightened out before she thought of avery. I have logs of emails, pictures of bruises (one time avery got a razor in her moms tub and cut her finger open).

Thanks in advance.
    Me
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2008, 03:16 PM
    I am not certain about the laws there but in every part of the world, the best interest of the child is considered first.

GET A VERY VERY GOOD LAWYER to prove that your child's mother is unfit backed by strong/tangible evidences or else you will just be ordered to pay child support and visitation. Start going to the lawyer's office ASAP.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Faughter daughter songs in spanish for my wedding due in 3 months [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am going to be getting married in 3 months and my family is hispanic so I need to choose a father daughter song in spanish and a mother and son song in spanish. Please help me out!!

Full custody/Baby due in 6 months [ 2 Answers ]

He pay's for nothing,No child support any hospital bills in return he relinques all rights. What is a simple and effective way to go about this.We are not married,but he is and let's don't go there.

Three months ago me and my daughter father made a agreement with out the courts [ 6 Answers ]

I got married a year ago and had to move from CA to NC cause my husband is the military . That's when I told my daughter father that it would be better for her that we came into a agreement instead of the court to decide that she would stay with him six months and then come home to me. I wanted to...

My 14 Year-Old Daughter is 5 Months Pregnant [ 20 Answers ]

Of course my heart is broken, however, I love my daughter more than words can express and she is pregnant. My daughter is 14 and her boyfriend is 16. I'm not interested in pursing action regarding the age of the boy, but is it illegal for a 16 Year-Old boy to have sex with a 14 Year-Old girl? ...

View more questions Search