Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    refdesq Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2008, 12:18 PM
    Locating an Employer for Wage Garnishment
    I currently have a judgment against an individual and have been garnishing wages slowly for around a year now. This person recently changed jobs and I need to find out where her current place of employment is so I can file another Garnishment Application. What would be the best way to go about doing this?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2008, 12:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by refdesq
    I currently have a judgment against an individual and have been garnishing wages slowly for around a year now. This person recently changed jobs and I need to find out where her current place of employment is so I can file another Garnishment Application. What would be the best way to go about doing this?

Usually you have to follow the person. The Judgment is the easy part; collecting is the hard part.
    Justice Matters Posts: 210, Reputation: 27

Sep 27, 2008, 04:08 PM
    JudyKayTee's option may be the least expensive.

You could also hire a skip tracer or private investigator.

Also, depending upon the Rules of the Small Claims Court in your particular jurisdiction, you may be able to have the debtor attend a Debtor's Examination at which the debtor is required to provide any and all information with respect to their finances including their employment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wage garnishment or bank account garnishment? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. Where do I start? I was looking up my name in my local county court records because I'm paying off a debt of 800 plus interest that I do NOT owe. I saw that a judgement was entered for 10x that amount for a voluntary repo on a lease vehicle back in August of 2002. Luckily, I was in the...

Wage Garnishment [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I am a resident on the state of New Jersey and I am having a problem with someone trying to collect a debt threw wage garnishment. My question is can they do this being that I work in the state on Pennsylvania were they are not allowed to garnish wages.

Wage Garnishment In TX [ 1 Answers ]

I have a order for child support that takes 40% of my disposable income. My employer just received two student loan garnishment orders that represent another 40% deduction in my disposable income. When I asked our payroll dept that informed about the deductions, they informed me that they are "only...

Wage Garnishment [ 2 Answers ]

Can a garnishment be stopped after being started and can a person be garnished by two different attorneys at the same time in Georgia?

Wage garnishment [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know what to do about a wage garnishment that I am not even sure what it is for, the law office gave me no information, please help. My e-mail is [email protected]

View more questions Search