Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2008, 10:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ericmarcial View Post
    what does anger management have to do with that? go figure.
    Hello again, eric:

You may very well have gotten this deal because you DIDN'T lay down right away... And, THAT is the point of THIS post.

You're all hung up on right and wrong, and justice, and fair, and all sorts of esoteric things...

But, it's about WINNING, and NEGOTIATION, and getting the best deal you can get. Not that other stuff.

These classes have nothing to do with whacking that guy. They have to do with satisfying the court. Look. Do you think peeing in a cup for a few years stopped me from doing what I want?? Nope, it didn't, but it made THEM happy.

Now, if you want to talk about that esoteric stuff, OK.

Justice happens! Not, because of YOUR case, or because of ANY individual case, and it may not have even happened in your case. But, justice, with a capital J, happens in the aggregate. It happens that way, because our system calls for two lawyers fighting out on an even playing field, thousands and thousands of times a day.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 4, 2008, 10:36 AM

Yes, I will agree with excon, the American legal system is not justice, it is not right or wrong, it is legal or not legal, and it is what can be proved or not proved.

The majority of all court actions in criminal cases are plead out in some agreement.

And can both people be found guilty yes they can
    ericmarcial Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2008, 04:07 PM

I took the anger management class... one Saturday 9-5 for 75.00... I went to court yesterday and they dissmissed my case. Yes, I'm glad its over..
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2008, 04:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ericmarcial View Post
    i took the anger management class...one saturday 9-5 for 75.00....i went to court yesterday and they dissmissed my case. yes, im glad its over..

Sounds like a good result and one you can live with.

Honestly glad it worked out for you. Maybe someone else can learn something from the thread. I hope you stick around.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Assult in the third degree [ 3 Answers ]

Is this a felony in New York when you beat the hell out of your wife

Assult with a deadly weapon [ 2 Answers ]

Can an investigator for the defendants attorney call the plaintiff and ask questions before it goes to court?

Simple assult [ 2 Answers ]

I have just found out my fiancé and I had a fight when drunk one night we were stressed about finaces... anyway we were fighting in public and the cops got both of us and took us to jail, I went to 8th and race in philadelphia called the round house and well my fiancé had one dui warrant here in...

Domestic assult [ 8 Answers ]

OK I'm 37 years ols never been in trouble all my life... The other night me and my boyfriend of a year and a half went out drinking and got into a fight in the middle of the street. The cops came and arrested both of us. The only thing I really remember is being shackled down at the jail. I kind of...

View more questions Search