Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Maheshjain21 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2008, 08:27 AM
    MBA Distant learning program in US
    Hi,
    My spouse want to pursue Distant learning program in MBA and she is on H4.
    My question is: can H4 pursue education in US, if yes can you tell me what background is required to do an MBA in US. Also please advice me good universities names that provides distant learning program in MBA.
    If H4 can't pursue any type education in US then what I need to do so that she should able to pursue the MBA course.

Thanks,
    Mahesh Jain
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2008, 02:07 PM
    Yes, she can study on the H4. Is there a particular state you are interested in as there are many excellent MBA programs available.

There are pros and cons of staying on the H4 or converting to a F1 student visa. In some states she may be able to get lower tuition as a resident on the H4 if she has lived in the state where she will be attending school for at least a year... but on the F1 visa she may be able to work in some areas if that is of interest and she would be able to obtain an OPT permit that would allow her to have even more opportunity for work/training experience.

Once she has a couple of schools she is interested in, it would be wise to speak directly to someone there regarding which visa would be in her best interest.
    Maheshjain21 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2008, 03:36 PM
    Hi,
    Thanks for quick response.
    She would be ineterested in pursuing MBA in cincinnati city of Ohio state. She is more interested in doing through distant learning program.

Thanks,
    Mahesh Jain

Quote Originally Posted by DoulaLC
    Yes, she can study on the H4. Is there a particular state you are interested in as there are many excellent MBA programs available.

There are pros and cons of staying on the H4 or converting to a F1 student visa. In some states she may be able to get lower tuition as a resident on the H4 if she has lived in the state where she will be attending school for at least a year....but on the F1 visa she may be able to work in some areas if that is of interest and she would be able to obtain an OPT permit that would allow her to have even more opportunity for work/training experience.

Once she has a couple of schools she is interested in, it would be wise to speak directly to someone there regarding which visa would be in her best interest.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2008, 04:26 PM
    Here's a site to look at... you will find contact information so that you can have specific answers to your questions about their program for a MBA as it can vary from university to university.

University of Cincinnati

Distance Learning Center <  CoB IT <  Business@UC

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mtech through distant learning [ 1 Answers ]

I am a housewife completed my be tech in2006 and I would like to do my Mtech through distant learning .what should I do?also I want to know about the scope of distant learning.

Distant ex-boyfriend [ 4 Answers ]

My ex-boyfriend and I spent time together in New York last week. He was very defensive towards me when we last spoke. I told him not to contact me anymore because I don’t need that type of negativity in my life. Does anyone foresee him changing for the better? Is he going to be negative like this...

Distance learning program in fashion Technology [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Sir, I am a resident of INDIA and I did regular diploma in fashion technology.Kindly suggest any good Post graduation or Degree CORRESPONDENCE i.e DISTANCE LEARNING program in fashion technology from INDIA, please. Suggest me the courses in india only. I will be very grateful for your...

View more questions Search