Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

May 16, 2006, 10:54 AM
    Lacking energy
    What would you guys advise for quick energy besides energy drinks and coffee?
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2006, 11:11 AM
    vitamic c, fruit and veg and sleep

May 16, 2006, 12:04 PM
    Eat my fruits and veggies everyday, done the sleep and vitamin c thing. I still feel tired and sluggish after all that like some one sucked the life out of me. I need something that works faster too not at the rate of a snail.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

May 16, 2006, 05:06 PM
    I almost always feel a nice pick-me-up after a ten minute "jog" on my eliptical glider?

Eliptical Glider
    Stormy69 Posts: 290, Reputation: 98

May 16, 2006, 06:06 PM
    You may want to consider having a blood test done to make sure everything checks out okay.

May 16, 2006, 06:14 PM
    Hmm. You could be right. Ive had problems with my energy dropping in the past due to my iron levels not being what they should. I guess I haven't paid too much attention to that lately.
    Stormy69 Posts: 290, Reputation: 98

May 16, 2006, 06:18 PM
    Having iron deficiency anemia may cause you to feel tired and often look pale. It's a common type of anemia — a condition in which blood is lacking healthy red blood cells, which carry oxygen to tissues. Oxygenated blood gives your body energy and your skin a healthy color.

As the name implies, iron deficiency anemia is due to insufficient iron. Your body needs the element iron to make hemoglobin, a substance in red blood cells that enables them to carry oxygen.

Iron deficiency anemia is common, especially in women. One in five women and half of all pregnant women are iron deficient. Lack of iron in your diet is one cause of iron deficiency anemia, but there are other causes as well.

You can usually correct iron deficiency anemia with iron supplementation
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2006, 03:54 AM
    Hi,
    You have some good answers so far.
    I, too, suggest going to a Doctor, having blood work done, as well as a complete physical.
    Lack of energy can be from lack of enough sleep. Do you get from 7 to 8 hours sleep a day (24 hour period)?
    Also, if you don't have a low iron content, maybe try a multi-vitamin every day. At 64 yrs old, my multi-vitamin really helps with energy. I can really tell a difference when I haven't taken them, each day... been taking them now for the past few years!
    I do wish you the best.
    polo98012 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Feb 18, 2009, 09:04 PM
    I take rhodiola 110 from dpibo.mychocies.biz. I saw the product on opra one day and she was talking about a all natural vitam. . All the supplement facts how to get energy back from not hurting your body are on that site hope they help.
    Barbiegarden Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Dec 10, 2011, 10:27 PM
    Yep, iron dficency will do it, but lets not also forget, folic acid and vitamin B12 deficiency.The 3 go hand in hand and B12 deficiency is quite often overlooked.With Chronic Fatigue you will always feel tired and the important thing there is not to over do it or it gets worse. If you 'flatten' your battery (so to speak)it takes longer to recharge your battery (energy levels).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Energy [ 3 Answers ]

What is band gap?

Lacking communication [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my husband have been married almost 6 years. We used to be great at communication but now to be honest it sucks. When ever there's a problem and I try to confront it he'll avoid the subject by cracking jokes, or it will just turn into a big fight. I have bought 2 books on making your...

Energy [ 1 Answers ]

I am stuck on this problem: A ball with a mass of M is on a frictionless curved track with a radius of R. The track sits atop a table that has height of H. Solve the following in terms of R,g,H, and M. a) the velocity of the ball b) the time it takes to hit the floor c) the distance D the...

Energy in space [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know what kind of energy could be found in an isolated body in space, supposing the body is an electron, a planet or a quasar?

View more questions Search