Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Sep 19, 2008, 03:21 AM
    Avon Job
    Who here has sold Avon? How many hours a day did you need to put in? How well did you do? How does the process work? Are there any costs?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 19, 2008, 04:12 AM
    Have done similar but not Avon. Won't do it again and don't have to anyway. Does that say a lot ?
    The amount of time you put into it, is like anything else if you are self employment, you only get back what you put into it. If you already have a demanding job, as I think you do, as you say you work up to l2 hours a day??

How would you have time to do anything else that has to be done while people are still awake and talking?

Avon is a good product and has outlasted many in the same field because they diversified . Mary Kay for one of them.

Just my input, chi, I don't know what your outlay would be, I think you have to purchase, at cost, your initial kit.

Good luck and hope you are not over working yourself, but why Avon by the way ?
    Vision Expert

Sep 19, 2008, 09:34 AM
    I'm actually working 19 hours some days. At the second job, I literally have 6-7 hours where my clients are sleeping, and there is nothing for me to do, so I though it would be super-productive to pick up something online for pay during those hours. I was wondering if there was an online method for selling Avon.
    Vision Expert

Sep 30, 2008, 08:35 PM

Is there a similar online job?
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2008, 06:53 AM

One of my friends sold avon and said it wasn't worth it because she spent the money she made on gas to deliver products.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 2, 2008, 07:01 AM

Some do real good, others stop after a few weeks
    I know one lady who sells it at a factory, she leaves off books on lunch table. She takes her orders and brings in bags at a time to one location.

Another sells it in a doctors office, leaves it in the waiting room and so on
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 2, 2008, 08:07 AM
    The way I see it, it is usually done as a sideline. As said above, the books are left at strategic locations, women look through it and call the number (of whoever left it) and place an order. I have been guilty of doing this, but not for their perfumes. I have to say that Avon Anew line is really great.

What have you got to lose. Just leave the books and see what happens.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 2, 2008, 09:54 AM

Yes, I don't know anyone that does it full time, everyone I know does it part time.

And for those wanting to buy me a gift, I love the mens products
    sunny_95842 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2012, 10:17 AM
    I am a new rep for AVON! I sell products with each brochure. Your uplead will explain in further detail. Have not made any money. AVON charges one simple fee shipping depending on the size of your order! Best to order $50.00 or more with each brochure. You can call 24/7 and get help running it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Avon beer stiens complete 1976 to 2002 [ 1 Answers ]

I have the full collection of Avon beer stein from 1976 to 2002. Woukd like to know the value. Would possible be interested in selling.

View more questions Search