Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tampa_boricua74 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2008, 09:35 PM
    Mother of 3 children.
    I am a mother of 3 children and married and just had a child dropped off to us without warning. The is my husband 1 1/2 yr old son. The mother was leaving 2 PA and @ the last min. showed up @ my in-laws house and "here is the baby I can't take him with so take him 2 his father". They were stocked and we were more stocked. Would that be consider child abandonment? She also left behind the child's birth info. What should we do now?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2008, 10:01 PM
    Hi, tampa_boricua74!

Greetings and WELCOME to the site! I just moved your question that you had posted in Introductions to this topic area so that it would get the most exposure to those who are best able to answer it. Introductions is for people to introduce themselves and we try to not ask questions there.

We would appreciate it if you would return to Introductions sometime to tell us a little about yourself though, if you would be willing to do that.

Since this isn't a chat site, it's also a good idea to not use chat room acronyms or abbreviations on this site if you want to be understood the best. For instance, this site operates on an international level. Someone just might come along to address a concern that you have who might be the best person to answer your question, but might not be able to understand what you are saying because you have used chat room acronyms and abbreviations in your question.

Thanks!
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2008, 07:06 AM
    No, that isn't abandonment. Your husband does need to go to court though and get formal physical custody and an order of support in place.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2008, 08:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tampa_boricua74
    I am a mother of 3 children and married and just had a child dropped off 2 us without warning. The is my husband 1 1/2 yr old son. the mother was leaving 2 PA and @ the last min. showed up @ my in-laws house and "here is the baby I can't take him with so take him 2 his father". They were stocked and we were more stocked. Would that be consider child abandonment? She also left behind the childs birth info. What should we do now?
    Please just post once - answered on the other thread.
    tampa_boricua74 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2008, 10:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by stinawords View Post
    No, that isn't abandonment. Your husband does need to go to court though and get formal physical custody and an order of support in place.
    thanks we are thinking in doing that but I am not ready to take care of another kid not alone someone else's kid when I have three of my own.
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2008, 11:07 AM

Well it isn't just someone else's kid it is your husbands kid. He has rights and responsibilities toward that child so any issues you have in helping to raise the child you need to talk to him about. Are you willing to bring in all the money so that he can raise the kids so that you don't have to raise his child?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2008, 12:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tampa_boricua74 View Post
    I am a mother of 3 children and married and just had a child dropped off 2 us without warning. The is my husband 1 1/2 yr old son. the mother was leaving 2 PA and @ the last min. showed up @ my in-laws house and "here is the baby I can't take him with so take him 2 his father". They were stocked and we were more stocked. Would that be consider child abandonment? She also left behind the childs birth info. What should we do now?

After reading all your posts for the sake of this child's physical and mental welfare he/she should be turned over to the child welfare services in your City. This is one of those situations where hopefully the authorities will become aware of this situation.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 21, 2008, 02:02 PM

I am glad it appears your husband is more willing to take care of your children than you are to take care of his. Sorry but this is his own child and he should be wanting to have and take the child in.
    The thing is, there are many things you can do but don't seem to want to

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mother abandoned children [ 2 Answers ]

My wife went to Texas to see her dying mother. She says she has met someone Else and isn't coming back. She has been gone since the first week in may, 2008. I have taken care of our 3 children and a full time job since she has been gone. Now, this week she came to Nebraska, not telling anyone...

Children want to be with mother and mother agrees. [ 15 Answers ]

Hello,I live in Jacksonville,Florida and I have been here since 11/05.I used to live in NYC and at one point I was having a very hard time with my living situation so I gave my ex-husband custody of our 2 beautiful sons(hesitantly) but I knew they would be in a better environment at that time in...

Why do grown children all of a sudden forget they ever had a mother? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello My son never calls me or ever lets me see my granddaughter. I tried writing to him & he never writes back or returns my emails. I haven't seen my granddaughter over a yr nor my son. Soon my grandbaby will be 2 yrs old & will never get to know me. I get depressed about this....

View more questions Search