Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    makeshift14 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2008, 06:16 PM
    Under FMLA can tasks be held against you on absent days?
    I have been on intermittent FMLA leave for appointments only and it is whenever I have a flair up I need medical attention. My actual diagnosis is not yet determined and needs multiple tests to rule out cancer, lupus, ms originally it was believed to just be blood pressure w/ memory loss however after being on blood pressure medicine for almost a year memory loss is worse, and so is cognitive dysfunction.

My employer has been really good about making sure my time is noted as FMLA and has not been given me a hard time about being off. Something strange happened today though.

Every time I am out my "daily tasks" become behind. For example everyday on the computer you have a diary of so many tasks that need to be done. I have been extremely good at my daily tasks. Whenever I am out and I miss time, my tasks become behind. So if I miss one day the next day I come in I might have 20 tasks to do. Sometimes other people can add tasks to your daily list usually about ten so then you have 30 due and since it is incoming calls, sometimes it is physically impossible to get all your tasks done. A lot of members who have FMLA were given a warning today about their daily tasks being behind. We have 6 days to catch it up and you can minus the weekend so its 4 days to catch it up or we're being put on an improvement plan.

Can this be held against me? Suggestions advice? This is the second time this has happened to me, the first time it was over other "numbers" on our score cards which after I wrote a complaint letter it was taken seriously and they worked with me to remove it.

I kind of feel like it is more of an antagonizing method to get some of us so frustrated that we'll walk out or quit. On top of my condition this is just adding more stress which is not going to help my condition and now I have been given an anti-biotic that I have had severe effects from in the past (severe mood swing and temp mood disorder from the medication) but I don't have much choice but to take it all the way through because my life may depend on it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 18, 2008, 07:05 PM
    Actually you may want to check the rules on FMLA, since normally this is for a more extended period, not one day here and there. But I guess if they are allowing it, then it is OK,

But a company can require of you really what so ever level of work they want.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Son absent for more than 65 days [ 5 Answers ]

I just found out that my 14 year old that is in 9th grade has more than 65 days of absences I have to go on Monday to the school to talk to the guidance counselor. I know of some of the absences because he was out for about 2 weeks because of an illness. After that he says he just didn't go...

How to make SCHEDUELED TASKS LOG of Windows to maintain data bigger than 2 days [ 1 Answers ]

:) Could anyone tell me or clarify for me the matter of the SCHEDUELED TASKS log configuration regarding the time interval for which it keeps data. I need to get access to data from that log from a period bigger than it held until now(2days) . Any idea on where and if, I find the data, or how to...

View more questions Search