Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Slow-Motion Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2008, 01:43 PM
    Charting CM and Cervix.
    OK...

I'm charting on Fertility Friends... I've charted over a month and a half now...

I need some help from anyone that is charting their cervix and cervical mucus..

It seems that my cm is ALWAYS creamy... I check my cm when I check my cervix.. AND its seems like my cervix never changes... Well let me explain...

First month:

• * my cervix seem to move up slowly and got so soft i could barely find it... then slowly move back down and become firm again...

• * CM was sticky, then creamy, then sticky then AF...

Second month:

• * my cervix has moved up since AF, but the texture hasn't really changed, it's stayed pretty firm and I'm already on CD24. It also hasn't moved back down yet. (now the opening did seem to feel bigger at one point but idk)

• * my CM has been creamy since AF stopped no dry spells, no sticky spells.. I did have one day with watery cm but i kinda think that was just semen... lol

Am I just to inexperienced to really tell what's going on? I just need some advise... Form someone that has been doing this a lot longer...
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2008, 02:50 PM
    It can be difficult to determine much change for some women. Others find it is very obvious, but many find it frustrating at best.
    Some women just don't produce a great deal of the more fluid mucus, or it is not as noticeable. There are some things that may help with increasing and/or influencing the mucus to become more fluid. Some women have found just increasing their fluid intake helps, some have found starting on evening primrose oil has helped, I have also heard that (and had a pharmacist in one of my classes use) guaifenesin helps as well as drinking green tea. Check with your doctor or midwife... they may also suggest checking your estrogen levels as that can sometimes be a factor.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 18, 2008, 02:54 PM
    Unless you have been taught exactly how to check your cervix, you may be doing this incorrectly. There are many areas in your vagina that may or may not feel like your cervix. As a labor and delivery nurse I have to check cervixes all day, and even as a professional, I sometimes have a hard time locating the cervix. So, as you can see, this is really not a tried and true method.

Cervical mucous on the other hand is slightly more reliable. When it is stringy and clear is the best time for sex. When it is thick and white is when the mucous actually tries to create a barrier for the sperm and also has hormones within the mucous to kill some sperm.

Sep 21, 2008, 09:21 PM
    So since my cm NEVER changes from the thick and white creamy state.. ill have to take something to change it?

Could it mean that I'm not ovulating?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2008, 03:26 AM
    Not necessarily... just means you don't see a change. Only way to know for sure if you were ovulating or not would be through your doctor testing. The consistancy and make-up of the mucus can be looked at as well by your doctor... along with how your partner's sperm responds to it. But both of those tests usually come down the road after you have been trying unsuccessfully for quite sometime.

You could try some of the more commonly used things for a bit to see if you notice any difference. Some women notice a change in amount and consistency the first cycle, for some it takes a few cycles.

Sep 24, 2008, 01:09 PM

Ok today I see a BIG change in my CM...

FF has my forecast AF date for Saturday.. I've had BAD pms (even though I've never had pms before)

And today my CM is water.. and its VERY noticeable because its almost like an AF flow... but just water...

You got any advise on that one?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confused cervix. [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to chart my fertile signs, and I decided to give cervical position a shot this time, however, I have no idea what I'm feeling nor if I'm even feeling my cervix :confused: I need to know, is what I'm feeling for going to be at some kind of angle? I feel some kind of spongy egg shaped...

Taking patients assessments, charting, etc. To the patient area a hipps violation/ [ 1 Answers ]

MY former employer insists that the nurses stay on the floor with the patients and take their charting with them. The nursing staff is very uncomfortable doing this as they feel it is a hippa violation to take the charting, assessments, etc. out on the floor with the patients all around. The...

A good web site for Charting my bbt [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a good site that I can use to Chart my bbt... thanks a lot :o

Tilted cervix [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone heard of a dr trying to pull on a tilted cervix to straighten it out. I have a friend who is pregnant and is due November 11 she is 3cm dialated but the dr is waiting because her cervix is tilted. She said he tried to straighten it out by pulling on it. I have never heard of...

View more questions Search