Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ebfloyd06 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2008, 09:00 AM
    Downloads Magically Disappear
    I am running Windows Vista on a Dell Inspirion that I bought in June 08. Everything worked fine on my computer up until about 2 weeks ago. I didn't change anything, add any new programs, nothing like that that would explain why I'm having issues now. I have Mozilla Firefox and IE7 installed on my computer. The problem is, I try to download something, even save a picture, and as soon as the download is done, it disappears from the folder I downloaded it to, and can't be found anywhere on the computer. In both Firefox and IE I have it set up so that files get downloaded to My Documents. This problem started of nowhere and for no apparent reason. I thought maybe the issue was in Firefox, so I tried downloading something in IE and I run into the same problem in IE. I even tried reinstalling Firefox and IE to see if that would fix the problem, but it didn't. Please advise on what I can do, Thank you!
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Sep 18, 2008, 09:43 AM
    Try downloading something to the desktop?

I would also scan your PC for malware... just to make sure (Malwarebytes.org)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Taskbar Icons Disappear [ 1 Answers ]

When an application is open, and/or when I minimize an application, the button is not displayed in the taskbar. Anybody? Hp Pavilion m1072n Media Center Edition - Windows XP (sp2). Thank You! Andrew.

Want to disappear [ 1 Answers ]

Other than simply trying to get in the witness protection program, I would like to know if there is a legal way of "disappearing" as in, you really being the only who knows where you are. I won't say why, that's another story for another day. If I just love and tell no one, they can always find...

Minimized web sites disappear [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am new and not sure I have the correct area... I did see another question similar to mine but I couldn't find the continuation of the answer. When I minimize a web page to the task bar, then go back to Internet Explorer to click on another web site, my first site disappears from the task...

I wish I could just disappear [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, where should I begin? OK, I've been with this guy 3 yrs now.he cheated on me in the 1st year but I forgave him, we moved on and things were going fine.6 months ago I thought he was cheating on me again so I confronted him, he denied everything,was upset that I thought that and although I...

View more questions Search